Desperate need of front sump oil pan

I'm in desperate need of a front sump 2.3L oil pan. I'm using one from a Pinto now, but the junk yard always punches a hole in them to drain the oil. I had it welded but the torque of tightening and loosening the drain plug broke the weld.

Can anyone help?

• Sponsors (?)

Another idea if can't find one. Cut a major chunk of another pan with the drain fitting in it. Cut same chunk out out of yours. Weld in new chunk. This should spread the stress out to large enough area to solve problem. I agree best if could find pan but I haven't seen a pinto in years. I have seen a Mustang II with a 4 cylinder was hoping for c-4 but was c-3. If interested I can give you his number or I can stop and ask. In another town may take a few days to ask. E-mail if need help.

Well, we got the weld welded back up, added more material to (hopefully) make it stronger, but during this process the plug area got a little un-true. So now it leaks out of the oil plug. I'm not having any luck at all with this pan. The plug is right at the crease of the side and bottom making it hard to cut the whole area out and weld in another piece. If it was flat it wouldn't be such a problem.

I'm not sure what to do now, except keep trying to find a new pan. I didn't think something as simple as an oil pan would cause me so much troubles.