detailing the stang, Product Opinions please!

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
I wana give my car alittle shine, dont really have much of any swirls, im gona clay bar it first and then would like to know what products you guys would suggest to use next. this will be done by hand no orbital. thanks guys!

• Sponsors (?)

Meguires 3 step hand wax worked wonders on my car. Take ur time with the clay and it will be pretty good. Then again my car is white so swirls are easy to get rid of. If u have bad swirls u may need to get a pc.

I have also used turtle wax gold class. Great for shine, not sure about swirls.

At a local parts store call O'reilly's. I am sure Auto zone will have it or pep boys. Pretty basic kit. about 6-8 bucks per bottle of it and u need to buy 3. If u buy a new clar bar kit u will get the stage 1 wax with it and two bars. Good deal. Get some micro fiber towels to help with the waxing. They may not be the best but I like how they wipe away the residue and don't make a powdery mess.

well ive already got the clay bars and a bottle of the meguiars wax that i used once before so im good in that dept. i guess i just would need the other two bottles.
thanks for the opinion squeak93

anyone else like a particular product??

you're better off spending your money on something better than the crap they sell at the local auto parts store. check out autogeek.net and there are many great products they sell there. Using a polish by hand is going to take quite a bit of effort if you want to remove light swirls. I recommend using a glaze before applying wax/sealant.

i have great results with pinnacle xmt finishing glaze, very easy to apply and remove. There are more products that are just as good or better. I don't usually just stick to one brand for all my detailing products.

i dont have swirls i just want it to shine, getting alittle dull is all, so i clay bar, apply the glaze, buff out glaze and then apply wax and buff out?? that should be enough for a good shine right?

Meguiars all the way.......

1. Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner $5.49 (skip if your paint isn't bad)
2. Deep Crystal Polish $5.49
3. Deep Crystal Carnauba Wax $5.49

Or

One step Clean, polish and wax with Cleaner Wax 6 $12.00

or

If you are really lazy go with the Ultimate Quick Detailer spray $10

Picture was before I put the new headlights on.
Picture032-3.jpg

Attachments

• Picture032-3.jpg
    Picture032-3.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 107
i dont have swirls i just want it to shine, getting alittle dull is all, so i clay bar, apply the glaze, buff out glaze and then apply wax and buff out?? that should be enough for a good shine right?

couldn't hurt to use a light polish as well (even if you don't have swirls), prepping the surface as much as you can before applying the LSP will help a lot for shine and depth.

So i would wash, clay, polish, glaze then wax.

I personally use Obsessive Detail Light polish, Pinnacle XMT Glaze, Obsessive Detail Wet Obsession paste wax.

Apply glaze, let haze, then wipe off.

Now allow car to bake in sun for a few hours.

Afterwards allow to cool in shade and apply a quality carnuba.

I like just using glaze on a black car because there isn't any wax to cake up.

Use glaze on a panel, then use any wax over it and you will notice that it will look duller than just using the glaze. I went to the autobody shop and got the big bottle of 3m handglaze... It's the sht.