Detroit Area Mustang guys

yes, pics please. i was considering getting a bar done there as well. i talked to him once over the phone and got quoted about $900 something for an 8 pt w/ swing outs.

if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? Swing outs? Chromoly or Mild Steel? thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Champ10187 said:
yes, pics please. i was considering getting a bar done there as well. i talked to him once over the phone and got quoted about $900 something for an 8 pt w/ swing outs.

if you dont mind me asking how much did you pay? Swing outs? Chromoly or Mild Steel? thanks.

Well Andres work is top notch, it definetly worth the drive. I paid $875 for the bar and another $80 for my lower torque boxs to be welded up. Still have to do the uppers, thats going to be a pain. I didnt do swing outs, those are for old people! Its all chrome moly, he doesnt use steel.

Ill have some pictures hopefully tonight, so take a look in a day or two.

Champ10187 said:
so is the door bar difficult to climb over then? this roll bar is going to be in a car that will be driven often. would the extra money for swing outs be worth it in this case?

This thing is EXTREMELY intrusive. Back seat is now useless, the 7th and 8th points go down from the main hoop, through the oval holes in the floor and are welded right to my round steeda subs (Looks awesome and extremely functional). It is a b#@*h to climb over the door bar. The door into a mustang is already pretty tight fit, especially if your 6 feet tall like me. Ive lost quite a bit of seat travel. I normally drive the car kicked way back except when Im racing, so driving the car on a daily basis (At least if you have a long drive), might not be so comfortable. Theres a way it could have been better (If the middle beam from right to left sides of the hoop curved towards the back) to get a little more seat travel, but it wouldnt have been as rigid and the fact that the seat rests on it now makes me feel a little safer and solid. The door beams are super close to the ridiculously wide Mustang door panels. Your arm rests are really gone now, it wont be as bad tho once I get padding on it.

Bottom line, The car is safe and legal now for 13.99 or faster runs. Its going to be a million times stiffer and hook alot harder (Especially with my new suspension). Its going to LOOK a lot faster then it really is, its gonna be a blast to drive. BUT its not gonna be a car Id want to drive to work every day any more. Especially my job. After a hard days work, climbing through a jungle gym to get into my car is not my idea of fun. If its not your every day car, people dont ride in your back seat ever and you wanna hit that 11.99 barrier (if you havent already), GO FOR IT! :D

Dale, You'd better get to work!!!!!!!!! My car is going in saturday.... I'm actually paying for the header install!!!!! :owned:
Oh well you didnt offer up your garage!!! lol
I'm gettin a tune also, I know its not all blown n crazy, but i cant wait!!!! :banana:

gtrackd02 said:
Dale, You'd better get to work!!!!!!!!! My car is going in saturday.... I'm actually paying for the header install!!!!! :owned:
Oh well you didnt offer up your garage!!! lol
I'm gettin a tune also, I know its not all blown n crazy, but i cant wait!!!! :banana:

Ive been working on it everyday after work!! My friend just got done about an hour ago welding up all the torque boxes. Tomorrow will be wire wheeling the welds and painting them with rustoleum. I still have to fix the stupid boost pipe, Paint the roll bar, redo the interior to fit said roll bar, put in the line lock, get my new gear installed, figure out how to set the upper control arms, change the bushings on the axle housing, and pull my seats apart so I can take the seat belt loops off!! And thats just some of the stuff off the top of my head, theres even more then that to do.

Whos doing your header install? You should have paid me to do it! I need a test car to do so I can learn how to do it myself! What kind of headers are you going with? I think Im gonna get the SLPs.

Dale Royster said:
Ive been working on it everyday after work!! My friend just got done about an hour ago welding up all the torque boxes. Tomorrow will be wire wheeling the welds and painting them with rustoleum. I still have to fix the stupid boost pipe, Paint the roll bar, redo the interior to fit said roll bar, put in the line lock, get my new gear installed, figure out how to set the upper control arms, change the bushings on the axle housing, and pull my seats apart so I can take the seat belt loops off!! And thats just some of the stuff off the top of my head, theres even more then that to do.

Whos doing your header install? You should have paid me to do it! I need a test car to do so I can learn how to do it myself! What kind of headers are you going with? I think Im gonna get the SLPs.

I got bbk longtubes... also steeda aluminum upper and lower control arms goin in.... Livernois is doin the install on the headers(going against my try to do it yourself concept) but i didnt want to deal with it :bang:
I think i might get cams soon too... or some ultralite 2's (good tax refund this year!!!) blah blah.... anyway thats about it..

gtrackd02 said:
I got bbk longtubes... also steeda aluminum upper and lower control arms goin in.... Livernois is doin the install on the headers(going against my try to do it yourself concept) but i didnt want to deal with it :bang:
I think i might get cams soon too... or some ultralite 2's (good tax refund this year!!!) blah blah.... anyway thats about it..

Well let me know when you are going to pick it up. I live like 2 miles or so up the street. You can stop by on your way home and Ill check it out!

Dale Royster said:
Well let me know when you are going to pick it up. I live like 2 miles or so up the street. You can stop by on your way home and Ill check it out!
you just want to make me jelous...with your fancy drop top huffer!!!

Yeah I'll drop ya a line, I'd love to see your ride also...

later!!!!!!

gtrackd02 said:
you just want to make me jelous...with your fancy drop top huffer!!!

Yeah I'll drop ya a line, I'd love to see your ride also...

later!!!!!!

Its not actually all that fancy right now. In fact its a mess. The whole thing is filthy. I swear its gonna take a month just to clean all the dust off the inside of the top. Plus it looks funny because its got space savers on it for when it went to Canada.

Dale Royster said:
Its not actually all that fancy right now. In fact its a mess. The whole thing is filthy. I swear its gonna take a month just to clean all the dust off the inside of the top. Plus it looks funny because its got space savers on it for when it went to Canada.

That sucks, so I guess a test drive is out of the question? lol
Yeah I dropped my car off yesterday(sat) they told me I will probably get it back thursday... The only problem is the dyno is booked pretty full so they're tryin to fit me in somewhere.... I dont really think I need to have it tuned yet, but I'm just kinda curious to see what kind of power I'm making...
Kind of a bolt-on baseline for when I go bigger....lol

By the way, mabye you could start a new trend by driving around on the space savers?

gtrackd02 said:
That sucks, so I guess a test drive is out of the question? lol
Yeah I dropped my car off yesterday(sat) they told me I will probably get it back thursday... The only problem is the dyno is booked pretty full so they're tryin to fit me in somewhere.... I dont really think I need to have it tuned yet, but I'm just kinda curious to see what kind of power I'm making...
Kind of a bolt-on baseline for when I go bigger....lol

By the way, mabye you could start a new trend by driving around on the space savers?

I Dont think that would work. It already drove pretty bad with the drag skinnies up front. I cant imagine how awful it would be with those. Heh it was a pain to get it on the trailer. With those tires on it wasnt tall enough to clear the fenders. I had to put the ramps on the trailer and use them as a booster seat sort of so it would be high enough I could open the door and get out! lol

okay fellas I have a problem. I am a fan of just about every muscle car especially f-bodies. My plans were to build my 88 stang with a 306 and the TFS kit and trans, gear etc. But I want a 98 and up LS1 WS6. Should I keep the stang and build it or just buy a TA and be done with it. Of course I would not leave it stock, exhaust, and etc. Fellas time is running out, need to decide by 3/19/04.

Jo_885o said:
okay fellas I have a problem. I am a fan of just about every muscle car especially f-bodies. My plans were to build my 88 stang with a 306 and the TFS kit and trans, gear etc. But I want a 98 and up LS1 WS6. Should I keep the stang and build it or just buy a TA and be done with it. Of course I would not leave it stock, exhaust, and etc. Fellas time is running out, need to decide by 3/19/04.

Tuff choice... If it was me and I had the money, I would build the stang..
Only because you dont see alot of reallly good lookin fox bodies driving around anymore... But on the other hand, my freinds 98 trans am is a fun car too..lol I vote keep the stang :D