diablo delta chip?

i have a 2001 GT and i was thinking about doing a gearswap to 3.73's, and i also want to get a chip, if i get the diablo delta chip who programs it for me, and will it configure my speedo for the gear change? Also, is it even worth getting with a 5-speed?

• Sponsors (?)

jlbenja53 said:
i have a 2001 GT and i was thinking about doing a gearswap to 3.73's, and i also want to get a chip, if i get the diablo delta chip who programs it for me, and will it configure my speedo for the gear change?

You can order the chip from a number of different places or ask around for a tuner in your area. I'm not too familiar with the '99 and up stangs when it comes to the speedo, but I think if i'm not mistaken that you have to get a speed-cal?? and that adjusts it I think...I know in the older stangs you just have to pop in a different speedo gear and its done. Oh yeah and get 4.10's :nice:

A-HEM... Ill take this one :D.
Whats up man, for 99+ stangs you will need one of two things, a Speedcal, or a chip. I went with the chip route with my 3.73's and I must say it took what would have been an average kick in the pants with a gear swap, to a full boot up the arse since I got my timing advanced as well.
The entire car just seems to feel smoother and stronger since I went with a chip.
If you do go with a chip, I would definately recommend Diablo... its what I have as well :nice: . Most speedshops that will sell you a Diablo chip will have the software to tune it for you. This includes a/f, timing, gear calibrations ect... To get the most out of it, you might want to do a full dyno tune, I didnt, but thats your call.
All in all I am very happy with my decision Ill have to say. Price was only around $150 more to get the chip and a custom burn at my speedshop.
Best of luck man!