Diablo vs SCT

txredgt

10 Year Member
Oct 26, 2009
Do both do the same thing and have all the same features? I know the SCT from AM are great because of the connection with bama but I can get an unmarried diablo in a trade. Should I just do it and not worry about it or what do yall think? Also I am trading a Corbeau seat and I was thinking close to straight up or maybe have the other guy tack on 50-100 bucks esp if I have to ship this thing out of my pocket. Any ideas or opinions>

• Sponsors (?)

Trade a seat for a tuner? thats an intresting one.... i'd have to agree with Max though on this. As far as diablo vs sct .... if the sct is from AM i believe they still do free tunes for life which could save hundreds in the future, as for the tune quality, i've never really heard anything negative about either

I'm not a fan of trading over shipping. I personally wouldn't trade anything unless it's face to face.

Trade a seat for a tuner? thats an intresting one.... i'd have to agree with Max though on this. As far as diablo vs sct .... if the sct is from AM i believe they still do free tunes for life which could save hundreds in the future, as for the tune quality, i've never really heard anything negative about either

I went with the SCT and am VERY happy with the bama tune. I've got all the bolt ons, bullitt intake, 3.73s & 24# injectors and Bama's tune works great!

The diablo tuner was great till I swapped to the 24# injectors and needed a custom tune. At that point I figured that the math was right for the sct upgrade. Sct=379 shipped, sold diablo for $175 and the custom tune was going to run me $75 one shot. In the end I figure custom tunes for life was $129. On my 3rd set of tunes in a little over a month and it just keeps running better each time

Good luck any way you go:nice:

I've never heard of anyone having an problems with a Diablo on a Mustang, I know of several people that have had MAJOR problems with Diablo programmers on Dodge trucks. As in, the programmer frying the computer.

That being said, almost all the tuners you'll ever talk to will recommend SCT for a Mustang. There are way more people dyno tuning using SCT than Diablo, or at least in my area.

I've never heard of anyone having an problems with a Diablo on a Mustang, I know of several people that have had MAJOR problems with Diablo programmers on Dodge trucks. As in, the programmer frying the computer.

That being said, almost all the tuners you'll ever talk to will recommend SCT for a Mustang. There are way more people dyno tuning using SCT than Diablo, or at least in my area.

That's what I was thinking too. I guess I will just say no deal and buy one from AM so I can also take advantage of the free tunes which is a GREAT deal. He also has a nitrous plate kit that comes with a bottle warmer which he thought about.. Would this be a good setup?