Diamond racing wheels!

88gt373

Dec 29, 2010
didnt get any replies posting in 5.0 Talk.. hoping to get some help here!

i was thinking about getting 16x8 w/ 5" back spacing.. with 245 or 255/50/16..thoughts? I want to get them black. i have stock springs with no isolators and that might change (maybe .5" drop dnt want it that low) I like the nascar look, dont ask why!

i have 17x9s with 275/45/17 rear

found this on the Corral.... 16x8 w/4.5 bs

thanks fellaz!
autox8-28-05002.jpg

autox8-28-05003.jpg

Attachments

• autox8-28-05002.jpg
    autox8-28-05002.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,068
  • autox8-28-05003.jpg
    autox8-28-05003.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4,504
  • Sponsors (?)

I like welds alot. and i love the way the 275 looks too.. real meaty and old school pro-street kind of look. i really like how the front wheel look on the above pic and i'd like to put a taller tire. that notch ^^ has 245/45/16 race R compound tires, i think. i rubbed alot with the 275/50/17, so i went down to a 275/45 and still rub a little going in steep driveways sometimes. a 255 would be more manageable. a baseball bat, BFH, and a flip of the quads made it a little better. ;)

Reactions: 1 user
whats up with all these people talking about nascar? what does it have to do with a daily driver? the setups you have posted in my opinion need more meat but thats just me.

I run a 255/40/17 on a 9" wide in the front. they should be a 275 wide but ill rub. i wanted to go with 255/45/17 all around. but i got this idea after seeing that pic i found up top. this is on a DD and i'd like to be able to rotate my tires; thats why i want to run a 255 all around.

it has nothing to do with nascar on a dd.. i just like that steelie look. it means business to me..and Nascar is sick.. boring at times, but sick. Then again, almost any sport that involves engines is a good sport to me... tell me you wouldnt like to take a bank turn @ 200mph. or do a race with an AVG speed of 175mph! i like when nascar vehicles were actually productions cars. could you imagine doing 150+ at daytona in a 70 monte carlo? talk about brass balls!

I run a 255/40/17 on a 9" wide in the front. they should be a 275 wide but ill rub. i wanted to go with 255/45/17 all around. but i got this idea after seeing that pic i found up top. this is on a DD and i'd like to be able to rotate my tires; thats why i want to run a 255 all around.

it has nothing to do with nascar on a dd.. i just like that steelie look. it means business to me..and Nascar is sick.. boring at times, but sick. Then again, almost any sport that involves engines is a good sport to me... tell me you wouldnt like to take a bank turn @ 200mph. or do a race with an AVG speed of 175mph! i like when nascar vehicles were actually productions cars. could you imagine doing 150+ at daytona in a 70 monte carlo? talk about brass balls!

i hear where your coming from about rotating tires. ive been to many nascar races actually here in Phoenix i was paid to watch every race. i couldnt imagine going 150+ in a GM product but in a ford... all day long. oh also i co-own a 64 Chrysler hemi nascar prototype last time we started it it literally broke some glass in the shop it was so loud.

i hear where your coming from about rotating tires. ive been to many nascar races actually here in Phoenix i was paid to watch every race. i couldnt imagine going 150+ in a GM product but in a ford... all day long. oh also i co-own a 64 Chrysler hemi nascar prototype last time we started it it literally broke some glass in the shop it was so loud.

yea and running -2 ish* camber +1* of tow on directional tires i have been getting tons of inside edge-wear and it sucks. i like how it feels aligned like that. so rotating them would be nice.. another benefit of running 255/50/16 vs. the 255/45/17 is it will make my ride a little bit softer riding over my pot hole littered freeway. AND cheaper tire prices!!

thats sounds sick... hemi's of that era are so nice and beast.. and bring major bucks now a days.. i said monte because i am a chevy guy and owned a 70 that was so scary at 80 and couldnt imagine it at 150+ in a turn...I fell in love with fords once i understood them, owned them, and built them.. and i own a 05 chrysler 300, 63 chevy c10 stepside, and a 88 gt .. so i guess im all confused! i just love fast cars w/ v8's...