Did a burnout...got 4 tickets...

I have an "acquaintance" that would beat you all in terms of vehicular asshattery. Let's just say that he got caught street racing a Mazdaspeed6 in his C5 Z06 and was already driving on a revoked license at the time. I still can't figure out why they didn't arrest him and impound his car, but needless to say, he isn't driving anymore. His parents took the car (he's 21 years old):rlaugh:

• Sponsors (?)

I have never been pulled over for anything like that. I guess since my tires are so freaking expensive that I dont wana burn them up :rlaugh:

The only time I was pulled over for a smoke show.... it was embarresing :nonono:

I was 16 and had my 84.5 GT350. I loved that car but it was a CFI AOD car so it was slow as hell. It developed an issue where it would smoke like a disel truck, smelld terriable too when it smoked :ack: IDK what the hell was causeing it, ended up selling the car soon afterward.
Anyway me and my friends were cruising in it one Friday night and I had this car right up on my ass. I couldnt make it out because at part throttle the car still had some black smoke comming out and hazed my view. So as we went through a small tunnel I nailed the throttle and incased the car behind me in a cloud of thick black obnoxious smoke :rlaugh: Then the gum balls came on :nonono: It was a damn cop car :rlaugh:
I deserved that ticket and told the cop that when he pulled me over. He looked pretty shocked cause I guess he thought I was gonna argue it. He ended up just giving me a warning.

I forgot you were in Texas. I NEVER drive without insurance but when I was pulled over two weeks ago I didnt have a card in my car cause the night before I brought it in to make some changes on my policy. The cop said he didnt need it cause he could run my plates and see. So I didnt recieve a ticket at all. But in this state they wont issue a "no insurance" ticket unless you dont have it. Even if you got a card you would be screwed unless the insurance company said they messed up. :shrug:

Ok, ok I knew I would have questions about what the f**k I was thinking. Well to be honest I stop at that stop sign all the time on my way to class and have never seen a cop. I looked all around and didn't see anything. I thought I was a pro by now because of all the times I've been pulled over in my Camaro (r.i.p.) but I guess not.

As far as the insurance goes, I didn't know it was cancelled because they were still sending me bills and my a$$ was sending them money. What I didn't know was that I wasn't sending the right amount. I was so used to paying the same amount that I didn't notice the renewal fee they added so everytime I paid it, I was still short. My bad. But I really thought I had my current card in my glove box. I didnt realize I didnt til I went to show it to the cop.

And for the inspection sticker, the car won't pass til I put new tint, tires, and exhaust on it. I can do the exhaust and tires( I own an online car shop which you guys should check out and let me know what you think...) but the dark a$$ tint I dont know how to get past that. If there is anyone in the Dallas area that has the hookup on inspections PLEASE let me know. I have to go to court this Friday!!
:shrug:

But seriously check out my site risasrides.com and give me your feedback. I just got it up last week.

"I've never seen a cop there" isn't a real good excuse. Doing burnouts/donuts, etc, meh. It's fun once in a while (read: once). Buying new $300 tires really syphons on the bank account, so...

Letting your insurance lapse though, is wholly inexcusable. Insurance is something you definitely have to pay attention to. Read the statements intently. If I have a question about mine, I call my agent the next day. It's not their fault (nor their responsibility). If you're not paying attention to your statements, and the amounts owed, resulting in you not paying them enough each month/quarter/etc, you can't really blame them for dropping you.

It sounds like you rolled the dice and the house won.

I can't say I really feel sorry for you. But I do hope you learn something from this.

There's an inherant responsibility of owning and operating a vehicle. If you can't maintain that responsibility, you shouldn't be owning or operating a vehicle.

Sounds like the consequences of your actions may give you some time to think about what you've done as you're taking the bus for a few months.

If I come off as harsh, that's the point. While it is unfortunate, it was 100% completely preventable and hopefully that's the lesson that's learned here.

Cop didn't believe you about your insurance and neither will the judge, don't even bother telling him you didn't know it was cancelled, not only will they not care, it doesn't matter because it's YOUR responsibility.

I spend a lot of time in the court here and there is no way I am getting a ticket for this kind of stuff. $25.00 entry fee at Tune & Time night a couple times a month is a safe way to get it all out of your system.

43C7CFA85FB061AC.jpg

I feel like some of you are giving me heat as if I'm making excuses. Well I'm not. I was simply answering the questions some of you asked. Like how did I not know my insurance was out. There are no excuses on my end. I was very honest with the officer and handled the situation like an adult. Not once did I catch an attitude or try to feed him a bunch of bull.

I go to court Friday and I am more than prepared to handle my consequences the only thing that sucks from this whole thing is that I didn't pay attention to my insurance policy and now it went from $80 a month to $220 because of the lapse in coverage and my new tickets aren't even on my record yet. Yeah, I learned my lesson I don't need everyone telling me I f**ked up because I already know that. I just wanted to share my day with you guys.

BTW Toms_2003_Stang I'm a female not a male hence the name "Eleanor's Girl" ;)

You have taken some heat so let me give you some friendly advice from granddad. I have watched this play out over and over. Most states can suspend a drivers license for at least 30 days following a no insurance ticket. With city budgets such as they are for the last year it's not likely that you will get off without a fine and possible suspension. If your license is suspended it will take about 12 hours for every cop in your officers substation to know about it with a description of your pony. The first time they see you fail to signal within 100 ft of a turn they will pull you over again and ask for your DL. Where I'm from they will take you into custody and book you. You will be released that day with a court date. In the mean time they do an inventory search of the car looking for contraband, chemicals other than NO2 and "green botanical substance." You might want to think about lining up alternative transportation, just in case the license is suspended. Sorry about the heat but this can lead to real problems for yourself quickly. Hope today is better for you.

Make sure you have insurance when you go to court. Some judges will ask "do you have insurance now"

Getting insurance as quickly as possible after the infraction and letting the court know that shows that you really may have forgotten. But the guy who gets pulled over on insurance and then goes to court for it a month later still without insurance will have no sympathy.

I have to say I have never gotin busted for doing a smoker > BUT I did get my a$$ chewed out by a trooper for racing home one night arounf 1:00 a.m. after I got a phone call that my house was on fire > ( IT burned to the ground before I got home )> any way > I passed him going up hill away from him when he clocked me doing 120 mph in a 55mph construction zone > WHOOPS > after he told me to never do it again > he laughed and said it he wouldn't have responded to the fire he would have NEVER been able to catch me > he said I went by him so fast he didn't even know what color my car was > > > RIP one 1990 gt I beat the crap out of that car > :(

Never said I was a saint. Re-read my post.

A ticket for a burnout/etc, fine. Live and learn. My point was about the insurance lapse. That, I have NEVER done, nor will I.

It'd be bad enough getting slapped with a ticket (or even a suspended license), adding insult to injury, as given above. Much worse had she actually hit someone (in any circumstance, not necessarily doing burnouts), which would almost certainly result in a lawsuit, on top of everything else.

Well we have all done stupid crap and sometimes we do it in the wrong place. Live and learn :shrug:
Just lucky you were no in the DFW area because they would of taken the Stang away :(
No insurance is automatic confiscation of the car now.