Did anyone see the Overhaulin of the '05 Mustang this week?

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
Is it just me or did that woman not deserve such a cool car... I mean she obvioulsy knew less about the car than most people... I think if you are going to get overhauled you need to be able to appreciate the work and parts involved...

Any one else agree?

• Sponsors (?)

i didnt think she deserved it just because they are already well off and she was a bitch.

complaining about the rental, had her husband getting rude about a decal on the car she wouldnt like, waah. if chip foose is touching your car for free, you let him do whatever the hell he wants i think.

i thought the purpose of the show was to "overhaul" someones car who was deserving and would never be able to do it on their own? i saw her 05 gt and her husband had an 03/04 cobra. could have gone to a more deserving person imo.

Ok here is my take on it. First i don't think she was a Bitch, because she took everything really well.. As for the husband he thought his wife would not like the graphics, she seemed like a plain jane..

Now to the point, the car was WAYYYYYYYYYY to cool for her and she is going to F it up with 2 weeks. She hit the curb in the rental car.. Plus, I don't ever see her using 450hp in a grocery getter which is what the car will become..

I'm angry cause she is going to turn a FOOSE CAR into a grocery hauler. The car is worth like 60 grand now cause its a Foose product..

Wife wants to submit my car, but have you seen the application? She would never know all the info need for the damn thing..

Who is the new chic hosting the show?

I really think I'd be a good prospect for that show....next time I'm in Afghanistan, I'm gonna get my family to do all the magic and see if i can't get on there...

when that happens, forget that i replied on this thread

Yeah, my wife wanted to put my car in for it but the application killed her... oh well....

But yeah you are exactly right, she couldn't drive the rental (I can agree with complaining about the rental, I know i have done it when a new vehicle needs to be worked on) but c'mon...

When i said that she didn't deserve it my wife didn't get it... grrrrrr

oh well, at least I know I am not alone...

too bad, sounds like the husband is a real dick besides what he showed on the episode. i wonder how those 30+ guys feel busting their ass and losing sleep all week to make these peoples car perfect, and then they get the attitude from some of them.

i also got the same pissed feeling about the guy with that import they did. instantly runs and pops the hood. i bet that car is taken great care of.

oh well, what can you do :shrug:

How about the older guy who's sun submitted his mid 60's Stang and pretended he "lost" it for a gambling debt. They completely redid the whole car, slammed it with custom Foose rims, and installed a 514 crate engine.

They even stenciled in "Gambler 514" in pinstriping... the old man started to cry when his son showed him it was a trick and what they did for the car, and I have to admit, I got a little misty-eyed too.

- Adam

Yeah i totally agree, that that lady had no idea what was goin on with that car, and it was a brand new damn car!!!!!!!!!!!!! She did not need that thing to be overhauled. She will never use the 450hp, and she will probably bust the custom rims on a curb.

You know, I like when they pick people at random. I can even understand special cases like the guy in the wheel chair and someone that was in Iraq and stuff. They deserve it for mulitple reasons. Hell, I am not the most deserving, but at the same time I'm a good guy and have a 73 Mach 1 that is in desperate need of an overhaul. BUT TO "OVERHAUL" AN '05 MUSTANG? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Do people even know what that word means? It's not paint and a supercharger, I will tell you that. I wish the guy host would have told the prick husband to shove the racing stripe and take that car elsewhere. Hell, I was screaming at the damn TV. Some shows suck (Suburban???) and some are great (Roadrunner, Challenger, the one car with the car seats, and of course the 65 fastback). It's my go-to show. This new chick sucks though.

That episode really pissed me off. A great car was made but it will soon be destroyed by that 5' lady that has no clue about anything with 4 wheels. Wow... she got overhauled because she works really hard... So does every ****ing american out there. Overhaul someone who can't afford toothpics for godsakes.

Pimp My Ride makes some ugly ass cars, but at least they help the unfortunate. I wanted to sucka punch that half assed husband right in the ****ing teeth.

rgs said:
i though the people that apply to the show have to pay for the car's modifications?

if not that show would be shelling out a crap load of money each time...
Im pretty sure that most of that stuff is donated from the companies. Its like an advertisement having their parts put on the car in the show, and a lot of times the parts they put on the car have commercials during the breaks.

I heard the winner pays taxes on the value of the parts or something. There's no such thing as a free car or a free overhaul, not in this country...they tax you for anything they can. It still wouldn't be a bad deal to pay some taxes and end up with a beautiful Foose-designed car.

I didn't catch the episode, anybody know a time and date when they'll be airing it again?