Did Ford have a TSB on the squeeky window?

• Sponsors (?)

I had my driver side fixed under warr. about 6 months ago. I waited to get my windows tinted untill after I had the window fixed. Now that the windows are tinted the passenger side is doing the SAME thing!!! :bang: I'm going to bring it to the dealer and ask them if they can fix it without scratching my tint. I think every Mustang has the same prob.

If you're squeak is the same as my squeak it's the window rubbing against the felt or the rubber up near the side view mirror. While detailing the car I rolled the window down and gave a little squirt of armour all in the place where the window rubs. It stopped the sqeak.

mag_wheels said:
If you're squeak is the same as my squeak it's the window rubbing against the felt or the rubber up near the side view mirror. While detailing the car I rolled the window down and gave a little squirt of armour all in the place where the window rubs. It stopped the sqeak.

:nice: i did the same thing and it stopped the squeak for a couple of weeks.

redGT2002 said:
tried a search and nothing came up, i can see it now ford blaming the squeeky window on my aftermarket tint
wanted to know if there was a TSB on it or anything.
it turns out that it is actually scratching up my tint :bang:

I had the dealer fix my squeaky driver's side window when it was under warranty twice. All they do is apply some kind of wax to the window. it hasn't squeaked in a year.

WES

Thanks guys, i called ford back and my car wasn't even looked at 2 hours after i dropped it off, so i went picked it up went to pep boys got a multi purpose clear silicone lubricant and applied and squeek is gone....
i know its only temporary so i will carry it with me in my car until ford actually comes up with a real fix

redGT2002 said:
Thanks guys, i called ford back and my car wasn't even looked at 2 hours after i dropped it off, so i went picked it up went to pep boys got a multi purpose clear silicone lubricant and applied and squeek is gone....
i know its only temporary so i will carry it with me in my car until ford actually comes up with a real fix
what type of silicone lubricant ? is tha tsafe for the rubber/moldings ?
thanks.
my window squeak too...only driver side tho

stallion98gt said:
what type of silicone lubricant ? is tha tsafe for the rubber/moldings ?
thanks.
my window squeak too...only driver side tho
Its called Pyroil Multi Purpose Silicone Lubricant pt # sls-10
picked it up at pep boys for around 3 bucks...it should be safe for everything, however if it does anything to my tint i will let you guys know

redGT2002 said:
Its called Pyroil Multi Purpose Silicone Lubricant pt # sls-10
picked it up at pep boys for around 3 bucks...it should be safe for everything, however if it does anything to my tint i will let you guys know

I'm using CRC silicone spray myself. Silicone's the stuff to use to on anything rubber (like weatherstrips, etc.)...WD40 and other petroleum-based stuff can degrade rubber I believe. :(

-John

I just take mine to my Ford dealer and they use "dry lube" on it.. fixes it for a few months until I have to do it again..

They tried to tell me it was the tint too but I had mentioned it right when I got the car so I corrected their errant statement about the tint.. :bang:

They just spray the stuff "Dry Lube" on at the dealer and then wipe down the window a few times because it leaves marks on the glass afterwards.. You should be able to have them do this without an appointment or anything, it takes them 2 minutes. I never get charged for it or anything, usually have them do it while they are changing my oil.. :shrug:

BETTERBULLITT said:
I just take mine to my Ford dealer and they use "dry lube" on it.. fixes it for a few months until I have to do it again..
:shrug:

Is this Dry-Lube a Ford/Motorcraft product, something you can get over-the-counter at the dealership? Sounds like it works pretty well, and for a long time.

-John

john_324 said:
Is this Dry-Lube a Ford/Motorcraft product, something you can get over-the-counter at the dealership? Sounds like it works pretty well, and for a long time.

-John

It is a Ford product.. Have never asked them if I could buy it, since I figured I might as well have them do it for me.. I know, I know, I am taking the lazy way out.! :p

It does work well, but like I said you have to clean off your window a few times after application since it leaves streaks.

BETTERBULLITT said:
It is a Ford product.. Have never asked them if I could buy it, since I figured I might as well have them do it for me.. I know, I know, I am taking the lazy way out.! :p

It does work well, but like I said you have to clean off your window a few times after application since it leaves streaks.

Not at all...I'm going to have them do likewise at my next service... :D

But I figure it would be good to have a tube of my own, just in case.

Thanks for the info!

-John

Mine does this as well >:-(

I think its due to the fact that the rubber piece has no felt on the inside of it. I stuck my little finger in there and theres nothing but rubber. Glass + rubber = Friction. I haven't fixed my yet, but I'll try the armorall trick :)