Did the fog light mod lastnight

Twista

May 7, 2004
@ the z00 in chicago
Sadly, it took me some hours. Word of advise.. f the butt connectors. I couldn't get the crimps correct so i just brought some caps and twist wired everything than capped it off.

Also, if you have a vert make sure you dont cut the vert power wire (orange/purple) to short because youll have serious problems at the end. I ended up adding some wire to this and twist tying it than capping it off.

All is well.

Mustangworld Fog light re-wire

• Sponsors (?)

Sadly, it took me some hours. Word of advise.. f the butt connectors. I couldn't get the crimps correct so i just brought some caps and twist wired everything than capped it off.

Also, if you have a vert make sure you dont cut the vert power wire (orange/purple) to short because youll have serious problems at the end. I ended up adding some wire to this and twist tying it than capping it off.

All is well.

Mustangworld Fog light re-wire

I hope you warped those twist caps really well with electrical tape or you will get shorts.

Even butt connectors are a bit sketchy ( ford recommends soldering all connections)

What you mean ash tray? Also, if i add FOG hids would this setup still work? Being that its on the vert power line (i have a vert also)
Oh! Didnt realize thats where tou tapped power from. For the 94-97 Coupes the mod is to remove the pin for the ash tray light plug and swap it in place of the one that normally feeds the fog light then put the fog lights pin in the ash trays plug. That allows the fogs to be run with only the parking lights on and allows them to stay on with the brights but since the car emoves power from the fog lights when the brights go on now it removes power from the ash tray light :rlaugh:
With your mod you dont have that issue. :nice:

Sadly, it took me some hours. Word of advise.. f the butt connectors.

Were you using a crimping tool for the butt connectors or just regular pliers? They suck with pliers, but work very well with crimping tools. I would wrap them generously with electrical tape afterward.

So this lets you drive around with fogs on but no head lights on?:shrug: Might be good when I finally get the Roush Stage 3 nose installed.:shrug:

Were you using a crimping tool for the butt connectors or just regular pliers? They suck with pliers, but work very well with crimping tools. I would wrap them generously with electrical tape afterward.

So this lets you drive around with fogs on but no head lights on?:shrug: Might be good when I finally get the Roush Stage 3 nose installed.:shrug:

ya you can drive with either the fogs on by there selfs or the amber+fogs on.

No, i didnt use electrical tape, but i have to undo it today to check something so ill re-touch the caps with the tape

ya you can drive with either the fogs on by there selfs or the amber+fogs on.

No, i didnt use electrical tape, but i have to undo it today to check something so ill re-touch the caps with the tape

So if they are totally independent then you could have your high beams on and still use the fogs too huh?