Did your X pipe get rid of drone?

True Judge

My girlfriend would be a good 3rd party judge. She hated riding in my car with my 40 series flowmasters because she couldn't "rubber-lip" on her cell phone very good. After I installed a MAC OR ProChamber, she asked, "Did you get rid of your Flow-Nasties?" Gotta love her...

I will agree, after installing the ProChamber I have less drone. You will always have the drone unless you are running the restrictive stock setup. The ProChamber gives it such a cool sound, and it really isn't that much louder.

Just my $.10, but don't take my word for it...

• Sponsors (?)

Stay away from the Magnaflows. I have a cat back kit behind a 331 drone makes long trips a pain. I have a X pipe & full tail pipes.
The mags sound great but the drone suck. I will never buy them again NEVER!
I call them ( Magnafarts) to ask about drone (before I bought them) they told me none or very little BS they lied. I had a h-pipe and stock engine no cats I hate it I spent $475 on this crap exhaust.
Stanley

I have 40 series origional flows and Bassani X pipe and it drones slightly at about 2100 rpm, the O/r X pipe will make your car a great deal louder, to reduce the drone go with the 40 series delta flows, the X pipe might help inside the car, but it will be really loud outside the car, I can listen to the radio on less than 1/2 volume and hear it while ripping down the street

Indy_00GT said:
My girlfriend would be a good 3rd party judge. She hated riding in my car with my 40 series flowmasters because she couldn't "rubber-lip" on her cell phone very good. After I installed a MAC OR ProChamber, she asked, "Did you get rid of your Flow-Nasties?" Gotta love her...

I will agree, after installing the ProChamber I have less drone. You will always have the drone unless you are running the restrictive stock setup. The ProChamber gives it such a cool sound, and it really isn't that much louder.

Just my $.10, but don't take my word for it...

my prochamber got rid of the drone from my catted x, its there at 80 but at 70-75 its not noticeable

I have the 40 series Dela Flows on my 96 Stang, with the stock H, it doesnt sound too bad, there is not much drone (less then the regular 40 series). I think the X-Pipe with the Stock mufflers would do you quite well.

I have a 82 Jeep CJ-7 with a 5.9 liter bored 40 over, got onto it and shattered one of the rear u-joints, the drive shaft didnt have cage or anything around it (and it was the joint comming from the transfer case) i was going about 40, and the drive shaft spun around and beat one of the Flows to a pulp, It killed the drone ;) Yeah i call em Flowslaves now.........