Diff and Driveshaft question

MikeROD16

Feb 4, 2008
Miami, FL
idk if this falls under the 5.0 talk but w/e. i got an 8.8 from a 5.0. but i dont know if its direct replacement for a 7.5 on a 4 cyl. It has an a4ld tranny and it has a 7.5. will the driveshaft from it fit or will i need a 5.0 driveshaft (if it even fits)? idk what to do when it comes to the driveshaft. Thnx in advance

• Sponsors (?)

are you 100% sure? because i read somewhere that the 7.5 is like an inh shorter than the 8.8

i know theres someone here on 5.0 talk with 4 banger and an 8.8

smokedya has one.
and ive done it. so yes i am 100% sure. as a matter of fact ive done it twice and am currently doing it now. do you want me to go take pictures or something? if your gonna question my answer why ask?

driveshaft

they are just sizes..as that guy said yes you can use it,,,i make shafts and guys like you keep us busy,,,things do change and some are shorter and some are longer... 46.50or 46.75 inches center to center of ujoints are stock...than from thier it comes down to whats been changed ..you will also find 3 different sized ujoint on fords 1310,1330,1350..all are interchangable with a conversion ujont ..when your doing this and have a problem just ask