difference between 99 and 01 4.6

jstreet0204

Jun 26, 2003
Winston Salem, NC
I am currently looking at a Saleen Series II super charger off an 01 GT. I have looked on Saleens website and they sell different kits for 99-00 and 01-02 does anyone know what these differences are? It is a really good deal on the charger I just need to know what it would take to make it work.

Thanks
James

• Sponsors (?)

jstreet0204 said:
I am currently looking at a Saleen Series II super charger off an 01 GT. I have looked on Saleens website and they sell different kits for 99-00 and 01-02 does anyone know what these differences are? It is a really good deal on the charger I just need to know what it would take to make it work.

Thanks
James

I'm not positive on this but I think the 01+ have a bit higher compression so that could be some of the difference :shrug:

but don't get it.

There are so many much better blowers out there for the same price or less. It just doesn't seem like too many guys that have those have impressive numbers at all. :shrug: Sorta like the guys that buy the Motorsports roots style blower, or what ever it is, and dyno ~340 RWHP :notnice:

I just hate to spend $$ on something, and end up upgrading to something bigger later. But if that'll suit your needs for as long as you own the car good luck with it, and enjoy it :nice:
It's more that what I have lol !
For the next few weeks anyway... :p

68 & 00 GT said:
I just hate to spend $$ on something, and end up upgrading to something bigger later. But if that'll suit your needs for as long as you own the car good luck with it, and enjoy it :nice:
It's more that what I have lol !
For the next few weeks anyway... :p

Ahhh that's just the hotrod saga... That's how I am getting this one so cheap. He's upgrading to a bigger one. I was getting ready to do heads and cams, but I am getting this for about the same price.

There are a few things that are placed differently on the engines. namely the water pump pulley is different, found this out the hard way when I bought a set of underdrives off a friend with a 2000 and mine is a 2001. They changed things mid year in 2000, so you may see some things listed as 2000+1/2 - 2004