difference in underdrive pulley

jae902

Feb 11, 2003
I want to get some underdrive pulleys for my car, but not sure what to get. Here is the situation, i actually own a 65 mustang. The engine that i have is a 95 gt, i bought it as a long block. The accessories, brakets and etc. are from a 88 gt. What is the difference between the pulleys for the 88-93 and 94-95. Is it just the crank pulley that is different? What year do i need to buy?

• Sponsors (?)

jae902 said:
I want to get some underdrive pulleys for my car, but not sure what to get. Here is the situation, i actually own a 65 mustang. The engine that i have is a 95 gt, i bought it as a long block. The accessories, brakets and etc. are from a 88 gt. What is the difference between the pulleys for the 88-93 and 94-95. Is it just the crank pulley that is different? What year do i need to buy?

How many bolts on the crank pulley do you have?

The waterpump is different. It sticks out farther on the foxes vs. the sn-95's. That would require all the other pulleys to be farther out also. I assume that the bracketry would account for this. You probably need a new waterpump and possibly a timing chain (front) cover to match that pump. I assume that would also mean a different crank pulley, also.

Rick