Differences between C&L and Pro-M MAF

str8stang036

Dec 28, 2002
Miami
Are there any differences between C&L and Pro-M MAF`s? How does C&L calibrate their maf? Which one does everyone prefer? Can the C&L be calibrated with the tweecer also? I personally prefer a Pro-M but I cant seem to find an 80mm on ebay.

• Sponsors (?)

For our cars the Pro-M is better due to the electronics. The C&L requires you to use the stock electronics and bolt it to there meter. They use sample tubes to calibrate. My recommendation is still a Pro-M 80MM or 77MM.

You can see flow rates on each in the FAQ sheet. The 80MM is less epensive because the housing is plastic. The 77MM shorty would be the one you want (supercharged shorty). The standard 77 won't fit in the fender. Check the classifieds on every forum for a deal. Pro-M was having a blowout on 80's a few weeks ago for $250.

VibrantRedGT said:
You can see flow rates on each in the FAQ sheet. The 80MM is less epensive because the housing is plastic. The 77MM shorty would be the one you want (supercharged shorty). The standard 77 won't fit in the fender. Check the classifieds on every forum for a deal. Pro-M was having a blowout on 80's a few weeks ago for $250.

Just stumbled onto this thread using the search and I have some questions.

I am looking to get the AFM powerpipe and Pro M combo for my 01 N/A GT. It recommends using the power pipe with a 77-83 pro M shorty. Where can I find a shorty MAF? Is it the plastic RACE MAF? or the aluminum universal? Also should I be sticking to 80mm?

The universal said it was recommended for use with a CAI that has a 90* bend in front of the MAF. Tha AFM power pipe does not have this?????

I AM SO CONFUSED ON WHAT I NEED!!!

I came accross this Granatelli 80mmMAF, used. The guy says that this is a Pro-M, which is now owned by Granatelli???? Is this the shorty style that fits the AFM powerpipe?
img_0021-small.jpg