Differences in Ford Racing Axle Backs?

• Sponsors (?)

The GTA is also mildly louder than stock, on the other hand ? the 5GT is much louder than stock and also has more of a straight flow through design meaning no baffles, according to the FRPP website it claims the 5GT has been proven to provide both power and Torque increases over stock, although it doesn't post what the actual increase numbers are ?..Anyhow, that's all I really know about the differences between them..:shrug:

soontobefastfox said:
red, thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking for a straight through muffler but don't want to spend alot of money (or be crazy loud like the pypes violator, it is my daily driver) and I saw a 5GTA on ebay.

Do you have any recomendations?
Other than the M-52305GT ? the only other straight through design I'm aware of is the SLP Loudmouth's ?? I believe they cost less than the 5GT's However, I'm not sure if their louder or about the same ? and I would definitely stay away from ebay, unless the seller is willing to accept either paypal or credit card payments and also has a high feedback score..Anyway, hope you find this helpful..:nice:

Have you considered changing to an X pipe and using stock mufflers? I just put on a Bassani BX x pipe with cats, and it sounds good. I removed an x pipe with no cats cuz it was a bit too loud. Guess I am getting old :D

soontobefastfox said:
What is the difference in the two Ford Racing (M-5230-5GT* and M-5230-GTA*)?

Different mufflers because from the looks of them the M-5230-GT* has narrower mufflers.

Does anyone know? They both are SS and the cheaper on has 4" tips?

One is by Borla with 304 Stainless

Other probaly by Arvin and 409 Stainless (cheaper)