different strokes for different folks

Status
Not open for further replies.

s&k stangs

May 24, 2006
MOnroe, Nc
Aside from the advantage of displacement, when going for 350rwhp, give some opinions on what makes a 306, 331,or 347 the best way to stroke a 302. The only thing I know about anyof the three is that the 347's are bad for burning oil cause of the wrist pin location. So what makes them great, and what makes or breaks the other CI strokers?

• Sponsors (?)

s&k stangs said:
Aside from the advantage of displacement, when going for 350rwhp, give some opinions on what makes a 306, 331,or 347 the best way to stroke a 302. The only thing I know about anyof the three is that the 347's are bad for burning oil cause of the wrist pin location. So what makes them great, and what makes or breaks the other CI strokers?

A 306 isn't a stroker, it's just a 302 bored .0030 over :nice:

Basically a regular rebuild or an HCI car

s&k stangs said:

You obviously don't know a thing based off what I am reading from you. Having the pin through the oil ring makes no difference on oil burning or not.

Oh and there are some 331 assemblies that have the pin through the oil ring ;)

Grn's right, its not so much the oil ring through the pin hole as it is have the end gaps of the OIL ring in the pin hole. This is why KB pistons (not sure of others) have a small dowell in the oil ring land to keep the oil ring from moving around the piston. And my 331 also has the piston pin the oil ring land. The more spread out the ring lands the less piston rock and better seal. The amount of oil used by a well put together stroker is minimal.

Grn92LX said:
You obviously don't know a thing based off what I am reading from you. Having the pin through the oil ring makes no difference on oil burning or not.

Oh and there are some 331 assemblies that have the pin through the oil ring ;)
Ok, so I dont know a thing. :shrug: How about an answer to the question? Look, guys, I dont have the means or the place to work on my car or have someone else do it right now. I never took auto mechanics in school, and am basically able to change my oil, fuel filter, and give the car a tune up. Get this, I've owned 4 mustangs and am 33 years old. How about that for a late bloomer? The information I thought I knew came from this and another forum. I either heard it wrong, misunderstood it, or was given misinformation. everything I know about 5.0's i get from here, other forums, and the magazines(but mainly forums cause they are free:D . So thanks for the corrections. ut I have to say, the sarcastic tone rubbed me a little wrong. It aint like I get on here and give wrong info and bad advise all the time, so ease up a little, ok? Back to the topic, given the same goal, which displacement value(better?) has the most advantages, disadvantages?

Status
Not open for further replies.