Differential again??

Alright guys/gals I pulled the driver rear wheel off to check for a noise and found that I have a blown axle seal, shoes are soaked. Now I am in the "have to repair" instead of the "just because I want to repair".
We are always talking about gear swap. My GT has less than 60k on it and all the stuff in the back is O.E. I see this is the time for the gear swap. Someone posted a site on here a few weeks back where I could get the entire set up.
Couple questions though, also im not trying to beat a dead horse either. I was the one that posted the other thread with the mentioned web site for the differential.

Now question 1. I read the post about the gears making Dizzy slower, and really got lost with all the literature. Did the gear swap make an improvement? I will be going from stock gears to the 3.73, mine is a 5-spd.

#2 How is this going to affect the ole speedometer. Isn't there something that needs to be changed with the gears to keep it accurate? Is this going to keep the gas mileage close to the same?

#3rd This is what I found 79-98 AXLE ASSEMBLY, 8.8"" 3.73:1 31-SPLINE TRACTION-LOK MUSTANG
How do I know what spline axles to get? I will need axles by the way, others are pitted.

4th and last, has anyone purchased from this place and is it a good deal???

Folks thanks for reading this post about the same ole thing.
I will be making some type of purchase this coming week, weather it's going to new gears or just simply getting new axles and redoing the brakes on the rear with stock set up..

Thanks again
"GT"

• Sponsors (?)