dilema...need your help

jaidedeye

Apr 4, 2004
Goldsboro nc
my 302 has been rebuilt but the guy i bought it from bought it rebuilt and doesnt know who did the work...otherwise this might be easily solved..

my passenger side head is a C8OE 2v head. it has 302 cast into the head under the valve cover.

BUT...

the drivers side head has no casting number under the intake runner..it looks like its been ground off then media blasted...i also noticed that instead of "302" cast on the head under the valve cover it simply has a "T" in the place of what should be 302...

the only numbers i found on the head where the big letter C under the intake runner on the head , # 16 stamped on the corner and 2B29 under the valve cover..

i just want to make sure they have the same size runners and CC's....the heads look identical other than that..

please, any help would be appreciated...id much rather use these heads instead of the set of E7's i have..

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Have the chambers cc'd if you can't do it yourself. Not hard to do, all you need is a thick piece of plexiglass, a syringe (to measure the fluid) and some white grease to seal the plexi to the head. Drill a hole thru the plexi to use to inject the fluid. Me? I'd use the E7TE's before using a mismatched set of early heads.

Have the chambers cc'd if you can't do it yourself. Not hard to do, all you need is a thick piece of plexiglass, a syringe (to measure the fluid) and some white grease to seal the plexi to the head. Drill a hole thru the plexi to use to inject the fluid. Me? I'd use the E7TE's before using a mismatched set of early heads.

thanks for the how-to

think im going to just use the E7's...the 2v C8OE heads have the same CC chamber as the E7's so im not going to be losing anything.

i will find out what CC that head is. they are rebuilt heads. my wife is a dental hygenist so getting a syringe should be easy