Dimmer stopped working HelP!

Jun 10, 2005
I noticed that my dimmer stopped working inside of my car. In attempt to get the dash lights to come on last night, i had to turn the knob all the way to the left and right before the overhead dome lights turn on the dash lights will pop on. Other than that i cannot dim it what so over. Does anyone have any tips or tricks in to which i can get this thing working again? Thanks

*The fuse is fine and the knob is not stripped *I checked :(

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 94 and mine was 20 bucks. Easy to replace too. I don't know of any other way to fix it and wiring isn't something I would mess with. So best way to fix it is buy a new one.

its more commonly known as the HEADLIGHT switch, but yea mine was like 25 bucks and 10 mins to change. youll need a t15 torx head for the two screws that are at the top of the instrument bezzel. then pull the knob like your turning on the headlights and pull a lil more and the knob it self will come off. with some good finger grippage pull the instrument bezzel off (might take a lil more required force). then two phillips screws hold the switch in, remove them. once loose there is a spring looded pin youll have to push on the switch to remove the rod. installation is reversall of removal.