Dirty Rims

heckish

Aug 5, 2003
nc
I go to college in boone Nc; we get LOTS of snow/ice/sleet. Sposed to get 9inches tonight. Anyway - all the salt that is put on the road kills my rims; i have alloy cobra-r replica rims. They get all rusty and grey in color. I bout some metal polish at wal-mart that works great, however it takes about an hour or more per rim to get it clean and shiny. Is there any spray on product? or anything thats easier and less time consuming? The product i have is a wool like material that you rub on and then off with a clean rag. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

If the wheels are already gunked up, no spray and rinse product will do what you want. You have to scrub a bit.

Once you have them clean, if you use the spray products when you wash your car, it will keep them clean.

I just bought a product from Wal-Mart called Orange Blast that was pretty good. I just got this car and the wheels had been neglected and the grime would not come off even with scrubbing. Sprayed it on, waited 5 minutes and everything came off with a soapy cloth.

97v6Silver said:
clr? it's pretty bad news if they are rusting if they are as you say...
nah i dont think they r rusting, i get the same thing here, we have had a good bit of snow and tons of salt is on the roads. it like makes the rims just look all dirty like u have brake dust on em like no other. i might have to try some orange blast stuff cause i scrubbed the rims kinda quick when i washed it(i had work later and it was cold) so i got a lot of gunk off but not all of it.