Disc Brake Convertion On A 72

• Sponsors (?)

Take a look at Mustang Steve to use later model Mustang brakes. Fastmerc also for using Crown Vic or Lincoln rears.
A few companies sell entire kits but don't say what the brakes are adapted from, which may be a bit challenging to source replacement parts.

JeffH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Lincoln Versailles is what we used to scrounge for to get disc brakes on our 9's.

Basically a Granada in a party dress, but it had a 9" rear and disc brakes oem.

Probably not something you will find in a bone yard these days though.

I've also heard of guys using 90's era Crown Vic stuff, but you'll have to use your "google-fu" to confirm or deny that....

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I have a 9 inch that I am interested in putting discs on also, and I've been looking. I see that Currie and some others sell an Explorer disc brake kit that is supposed to bolt to a 9 inch. I also have a 8.8 out of an explorer laying around so I pulled the caliper mounting bracket off one side to see if it would bolt to my 9 inch. It does, but it doesn't leave you a good way to retain the axle bearings. The kit Currie sells comes with two rings that I assume have something to do with axle retention but I'm not exactly sure how. My 9 inch has the Torino flanges.