Disc break conversion

Hi all, I have 1964 1/2 stang that I would like to upgrade to disc brakes. I know how do do the upgrade but what I am looking for is a manual that shows the parts that I would need and from what cars I can get them from. I know about the Grenada swap but I would like to find a link or a manual that shows the best way how to do it. Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

Its really simple.

I did the Ford Granada swap on mine. I also have Lincoln Versailles rear disc.

All you need to do the Granada swap in for front disc brakes is the complete Granada spindles brakes etc. Then you need new Granada hoses and these hard lines from Mustangs Plus that allow you to mate up the Granada hoses to the Mustang hard lines. You will also need a dual reservior master cylinder and a disc/drum proportioning valve.

The best place to find Granada spindles is Ebay, Craigslist, Swap Meets etc. You can buy new rotors etc. You really just need the spindles, dust sheilds, and dust shield retainers.

Here are a few links.

Mustangs Plus*::*Brakes*::*Brake Lines*::*1965-73 Granada/Monarch Hard Line Adapter Kit

Disc Brake Conversion Information

Disc Brakes

Granada Front Disc Brake Swap for Classic Mustangs

MustangSteve's GRANADA to MUSTANG DISC BRAKE INSTALLATION INFORMATION

The Mustang Shop

If your car has drum brakes I recommend the mustangsteve 2008 GT brackets. I have them on all 4 corners. Can't say anything about performance yet but install was a breeze and in your case you won't have to mess with removing the spindle and reinstalling it and getting new tie-rods etc. It's a pretty cheap swap too. Cost me about 500 for both front and rear brake parts and another 200 for the brackets I believe.

Can't beat the fact that these parts will be around for another 40 years whereas at some point it's gonna be a bit more difficult to be getting ford granada parts.

The easiest way to get excellent discs is to go with the stock 65-66 setup. The 4-piston K/H type are available in repro, and the brackets attach directly to your stock spindles, saving you a lot of work, and of course no wheel alignment will be needed. There are many sources of these. It also helps that you can use parts specified for "65-66" Mustang, so you don't need to play mix-and-match every time you need to fix something. The repro calipers are a slight exception to this, they are the 67 type, which was superior to the 65-66, with improved internal components.