Discounts on a New 2010 Mustang GT

I live here in Atlanta, and I was looking for a 2010 GT with Auto Tran as the only option upgrade. The inventory here around the city for 2010 GT's is slim and the prices are high.

I struck a deal with a dealership in Arkansas for a GT with Auto Tran whose list price was $29.9, and I paid $24.5 with all fees excleding sales tax. Total savings of $5.4K!

A one way plane ticket tomorrow and drving it back home. Going to pick up my 1st Mustang tomorrow!!! :)

Hope this info can help another member save some money as well if they are looking for a new GT at a great price...

• Sponsors (?)

Nice deal! In SoCal I've been surprised to not see the 2010 GTs getting big price drops too. Maybe if you go in and start talking its a different story but I'm only seeing deals on the 4.0 V6s so far. I'd be curious what the difference is to insure a 2010 V8 vs a 2011 V6 since the hp is similar.

Enjoy your big drive!!:nice:

Nice deal! In SoCal I've been surprised to not see the 2010 GTs getting big price drops too. Maybe if you go in and start talking its a different story but I'm only seeing deals on the 4.0 V6s so far. I'd be curious what the difference is to insure a 2010 V8 vs a 2011 V6 since the hp is similar.

I think it would depend on age and other factors. Since I am 36 it wouldn't matter that much. Right now I pay $443 every 6mth. Just for the sake of it, I wanted to see how much my insurance would be if I had a 05-09 V6 Mustang. My insurance would have dropped a whole $15 every 6 mths or just over $2 every 6 mths.

That's interesting. I'm 38 and haven't had a ticket since 1989 when I first started driving my '69 Mustang, so I'm a good risk, but everyone talks about people buying the V6 to save on insurance and fuel and it seems that neither is that big a factor. I'm starting to think I should go for the 5.0 this year after all!

I can tell you for a fact that the difference in price is little, at least for my age. I now own a 2010 GT. When I traded a 2005 V6 about three years ago for a 2007 GT (new) the cost of insurance went up very little. I can also tell you that the difference in gas mileage is very little. I am 57 and have a perfect driving record. That might also have something to do with it.

I have been in contact with 5 dealers in the northern NJ area and I cannot get one to go below dealer invoice with the 0% for 60months.

Between x-plan and the $750 brochure coupon I can get a much better price on a 2011 than a 2010...of course I cannot get 0% for 60 on the 2011 so it will cost more in the end.

What to do, what to do.

i picked mine up yesterday for x-plan price plus $4500 in rebates... sticker was 34,565 (GT Premium w/ Track Pack) and we paid 27,100, with free tint. they really want to get them out the door before the 2011s get in...

Without 0 percent, isn't the rebate on a 2010 $3,500? Add X plan to that and the $750 if it is still good (my offer expired last month) and get your own financing.
I figure I got a 2010 GT for at least $7,000 less than I would be able to get a 2011.

Age is without a doubt the biggest factor here. If you're under 25, then the insurance is going to cost a great deal more for the GT, but if your over 35 with a good driving record the insurance will be about the same whether it's a V6 or GT. Between 25-35, there is still a difference but depends more on your personal driving history for how big the difference is.

Age is without a doubt the biggest factor here. If you're under 25, then the insurance is going to cost a great deal more for the GT, but if your over 35 with a good driving record the insurance will be about the same whether it's a V6 or GT. Between 25-35, there is still a difference but depends more on your personal driving history for how big the difference is.

i traded in a 2009 honda accord on my 2010 GT and my insurance went DOWN $4 total. i'm 28, my wife is 26. pretty clean records, no accidents.

I'm really wondering what will happen to the values of used S197 GTs when the 2011s are readily available, too. I don't understand - when you can pick up a brand new 2010 GT for $24.5k - how most of the 2005-2008 GTs I've seen (with 30-60k miles) are advertised between $20k and $25k. Who's buying a 2007 with 30,000 miles for $22k when they can get a brand new 2010 for $25k???? :shrug:

When I was buying my 2011 the dealer was trying to offer me a 2010 GT for 23k, originally listed at 28k. Personally I just didn't want a 2010, but now is the time to buy a 2010 if you want one!

I traded my 2008gt on a 2010 and the lot priced it at 25k...same price as what I bought it for new after discounts but with 19k miles on the odometer.

2010s are a great value now and have decent performance and great reliability! Many say it's stupid to get a 2010 now that the 2011s are out and more powerful. ...I disagree.

There's ALWAYS going to be something faster coming out ;-)

$24.5 and $25.0 before tax, tag and title were the absolute lowest I could negotitate here in the Southeast region as of the first week of May for a base GT with AT.

Since it was my first Mustang purchase ever and the 2011s are rolling out, I was wondering if I might have buyer's regret...but no way!

As for the insurance rates discussion, I compared rates for a while and thought about it a lot and the difference is minimal. Car insurance was going to be high no matter what car I purchased...Civic, Camry or a Mustang GT.

I paid $27,500 for a loaded premium 2010 GT w/TrackPack (MSRP $35,610) two months ago. I figure I saved $8K over a 2011. I could have gotten a bast GT for $22,900. Awesome prices. It is funny, the V-6s are not being discounted like this here.

With these prices for 2010s, it's a wonder the used ones are still so high. I have a feeling that their prices will drop like a rock with all of them being traded in for 2010s at such a steal and 2011s for the 100 hp increase...