Disk Brakes On My 86

I used a master cylinder and prop valve from a junk yard 98 v6 and a 93 cobra booster. The cobra calipers I have are the smooth cast.

On my set up the line coming out the back of the prop valve runs to the left front. The line lock is plumbed into the front input to the prop balve. The line at the furthest end from the booster is the input to the rear...the line below it travels across the firewall to rear brakes. The line in the back and the line by it go to left and right front calipers.
uploadfromtaptalk1462051341406.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Well it was more or less geared to answering the "which MC do I need" question that always arises. Proper MC selection is what drives pedal feel and it's a damn shame to go through the trouble of installing 13" brakes, and then pair it up with the improper MC and not get the full potential out of the system. Part of the issue is people also assuming "Cobra" = best, but that's not always the case.

I remember when 94-95 GT guys were swapping to 13" disk brakes and then claiming the brake system sucked. Come to find out, they weren't doing the MC swap along with the change in calipers and using the larger bore GT MC with the smaller piston cobra calipers, so pedal feel was way off.

Granted feel is totally subjective as I've run into quite a few guys who love leaving the stock booster in place and the required leg effort needed. I'm quite the opposite as I love brakes that respond to very minimal pedal input. My setup with a 1993 cobra MC is somewhere in the middle.

Last edited: