Distributor gear ?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, flat tappets use Iron, although I called comp cams once asking this question and they said flat tappet cams these days are built with an alloy that allows them to accept any gear material, even steel, but that you can't use an iron distributor gear on a roller/steel camshaft. If you are using an older cam, I would use iron for sure, but I would use iron anyway in your case.

They do work but you need to replace them every like 6 to 10,000 miles depending on how hard you drive it. If you don't your timing will start to suffer. Also, your oil pump is attached to the bottem of the distributor so think about that as well.

They do work but you need to replace them every like 6 to 10,000 miles depending on how hard you drive it. If you don't your timing will start to suffer. Also, your oil pump is attached to the bottem of the distributor so think about that as well.

Yep. I would not ever use bronze, I don't know why they are even made. Usually they are used in race engines only from what I've heard.