DIY Eaton M90 Progress Thread**DUW**

mob said:
if it does come out easy, dont sell the demensions. It may be more work to make them but you can charge alot more, and if you sell the demensions people will just hand them out and your busniess will be toast. Good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Its not gonna come easy, I have 2 M90's and a Vortech pulley because I was planning on doing this. That is until I didnt have a machine shop anymore. as far as using it as an accessory its going to take a bit of relocating, have fun......

• Sponsors (?)

grey5.0beast said:
Oh BTW I hope to knock my ET down from a 14.8 to a mid 13 on street tires, I think maybe 13.3 with mr freeze meth kit

i'd go snow performance. seeing as how they're out of colorado, and it snows a lot in colorado, so i think they would know more about cold $hit then some gey company that sounds suspiciously familiar to those $hitty popscicles.

I'mnot gonna run the same setup as him, I think bout the only thing same is the location, I am gonna mount it as an extra accessory, utlizing the accessory belt. The TB and Mass air willremain in stock locations. I am gonna have to just delet the smog pump and move down the alternator if I can.

grey5.0beast said:
any meth/water injection is gonna come later on. I gotta get it up and going first.

exactly, focus on the task at hand. lol after i finished the paxton install i was sooo pissed at that car i didn't even want to deal with installing the kit. :bang: i swear to god that car ruined working on cars for me

Napa (ideal supply) sells a pully alignment tool that sits in the grove's of a pully with a laser and that makes things alot easier when making bracket's...my boss made most of his own brakets and ran an electric water pump....he ran into problems with his P/S bump bracket but with that tool it was easy to figure what needed to be moved and whatnot. Oh this was on his 78 impalla

I have a solution to line up the pulleys, I am gonna make an elongated hole so I can slide the blower forward and backwards accordingly, then I will lock tite that bitch down as hard as i can and hope it doesn't move.

I was going to post about the BBK setup but it totally slipped my mind, there is a guy on here who had one on his car way back when, I dont remember his name but his car was a red vert that had Forcfed or the like on his tags. Maybe you could PM him if he is still an active member and see if he had some pics of his car with the BBK setup during install and stuff, his car was in many a magazine too.
-Edit0-
Maybe the tag said Forced on it, anyways...me thinks his screen name was Forced347 on here.
-Edit0II-
I found the bastard, here is a link to his website. Go under magazine coverage and you can see the pics with the blower on the car.
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/7713/

grey5.0beast said:
Thanks for the support guys. still waiting on my buddy with the torch to cut the brackets and then his setup to weld the alluminum.

total build cost so far:

47 bucks for charger lol

Where'd you get that M90 for that cheap, boneyard?? It looks pretty nice to be a boneyard find. I just got an M90 and an M62 from the boneyard today, both out of Bonnevilles so there a lil different of a design. $25 a piece, but they look like crap and need a rebuild!

You know, if someone could figure out a way to rig the inlet pipe, blower bracket, and discharge tube up with a pattern/molding device... one could prolley sell the setup for 500 bucks a pop with only 50 or so invested..

I bet you it would sell REALLY well seeing how the pony down turbo kit and the likes make real good money.. :rolleyes:

anyone wanting a blower and having 600 bucks in their hand would prolly look at as a very concievable option. Just buy the kit and get the blower seperate from someplace else.

795.0pacecar said:
Im skeptical that you could sell a "home made" m90 kit and make a profit. BBK tried this and not many people bought them, and they had mass production and marketing on their side.

they tried the M90 kit without blower??? :shrug:

Do you have links or official information on this because I would be interesting in seeing it...

795.0pacecar said:
Im skeptical that you could sell a "home made" m90 kit and make a profit. BBK tried this and not many people bought them, and they had mass production and marketing on their side.

mass production was probably their downfall. I wouldnt go into it trying to start a busniess. If he could sell like say 10 of these kits at 200 bucks a piece, thats be some decent cash.

And if you think about it, he can get the superchargers cheap, most people wouldnt even know where to look for these. He picks up a bunch, sells the s/c with all the brackets and piping needed to make it fit, you dont thi nk someone would pay 500-700 bucks for a bolt on 5psi s/c?

mob said:
mass production was probably their downfall. I wouldnt go into it trying to start a busniess. If he could sell like say 10 of these kits at 200 bucks a piece, thats be some decent cash.

And if you think about it, he can get the superchargers cheap, most people wouldnt even know where to look for these. He picks up a bunch, sells the s/c with all the brackets and piping needed to make it fit, you dont thi nk someone would pay 500-700 bucks for a bolt on 5psi s/c?

Hmmm... well since I was the first to mention this I am sorry to say I already have a petent on it. :rolleyes:

screw fabrication... im using PVC piping and PVC concret. that stuff is good for 260+ psi.. surely it can hold 5-6 from a blower

I dont know if the BBK kit offered the blower with the kit. I would assume so because it was very expensive, but sometimes new parts are worth it. I think the better idea would be to make a video of the steps to make the hardware or to draw up plans of some sort and patent the design. People are weary of home made stuff, especially when forced induction is involved, because who do you turn to if you buy something like that and something breaks or you need troubleshooting? If your going to build something like this anyway, it would be wise to make it into a small buisness and offer technical support and such to give the buyer piece of mind. I dont care if the stuff was $100, I wouldn't buy it if I knew it was something someone just made in their garage, my engine costs too much money to gamble on that.

795.0pacecar said:
I dont know if the BBK kit offered the blower with the kit. I would assume so because it was very expensive, but sometimes new parts are worth it. I think the better idea would be to make a video of the steps to make the hardware or to draw up plans of some sort and patent the design. People are weary of home made stuff, especially when forced induction is involved, because who do you turn to if you buy something like that and something breaks or you need troubleshooting? If your going to build something like this anyway, it would be wise to make it into a small buisness and offer technical support and such to give the buyer piece of mind. I dont care if the stuff was $100, I wouldn't buy it if I knew it was something someone just made in their garage, my engine costs too much money to gamble on that.

oh true I didnt know bbk offered the blower with it. Thats very true what your saying about home made stuff.