DIY Eaton M90 Progress Thread**DUW**

Just to make this clear, Im not knocking on home made stuff or Jon's ability to build a quality product, Im just saying to the average person who doesn't know him or his abilitys, theres cause for concern. If I saw something like this on ebay for $100 from a buisness be it small or large, that offered some sort of support and or guarentee, I would buy it in a heart beat assuming it looked to be made well.

• Sponsors (?)

mob said:
And if you think about it, he can get the superchargers cheap, most people wouldnt even know where to look for these. He picks up a bunch, sells the s/c with all the brackets and piping needed to make it fit, you dont thi nk someone would pay 500-700 bucks for a bolt on 5psi s/c?

First there were only so many s/c cars made, even fewer in good condition still. I would be willing to bet he couldnt find another m90 in that good of condition around here.

Second who ever buys that kit for 500-700 is going to have a sore ass when some one goes out and buys a sn blower for the same $$$ and rapes their ass with it, oh yea and you have paxton tech support with that too.

pic_0096.jpg

pic_0099.jpg

he ran the pvc up to around 14 psi before hte joints gave

Attachments

• pic_0096.jpg
    pic_0096.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 215
  • pic_0099.jpg
    pic_0099.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 385
Woodrow said:
First there were only so many s/c cars made, even fewer in good condition still. I would be willing to bet he couldnt find another m90 in that good of condition around here.

Second who ever buys that kit for 500-700 is going to have a sore ass when some one goes out and buys a sn blower for the same $$$ and rapes their ass with it, oh yea and you have paxton tech support with that too.
Werd and werd. Most super coupes i have driviven in and that being at least 7 the blowers were completely wasted on them even the low mileage ones.

Hey beast...if you need any of the parts drawn and files exported for plasma/laser/water-jet cutting, let me know....I'll hook you up.

I have a connection to a high-definition plasma cutting table..lots of cool stuff has been cut for me...Jim

*******UPDATE*******

K buddy just got his oxyacetylene torch, time to buy some bracket material to cut. And some alluminum material for the u bend for the intake of the charger, and some steel tubing and sheet metal for the supercharger discharge tube.

Also payday was today... looky what i got!!! Looks like I might be running a bit more then 5-6 psi :D
http://www.supercoupeperformance.com/partBrowser.aspx?PartID=60
And i have been thinking and I might just wanna run an extra belt after all, time to start looking for a vortech crank pulley... I'll keep you guys updated. My dad said he would pay for the materials and stuff as my b-day present and we are gonna push the goal back alil, 12 days till my b-day ain't enough time to collect all materials and get it done.

First off... The idea of selling the bracketry is great. Do that. But DO NOT sell used s/cers with them.. Thats' where you would get screwed. You sell a kit with a crapped out blower and your name turns to Mudd. Let the end user find the blower for himself, and keep your name out of the dirt.

yeah, I was def. not gonna sell s/c's with em. I am thinking now, I make good enough money at my job(for a 16 yr old) and I want this to be as unique as possible, so I don't think I am going to go through all the trouble making brackets so other ppl can have the same setup as me.

i hope you realize you'll be running more of 10 psi with that smaller pulley.. unless you go with a compensating vortech pulley.. which they dont make for that size.. i did all the match, came down to the final wire on building it and decided not to due to lack of funs.. but i did my hwk.. 7" vortech 8 rib with stock pulley will put you where you want to be.. hope this helps

later,
steven

stock crank, after market = 7 psi
vortech crank, after market = 10 psi
vortech crank, stock = 7 psi
stock, stock = somewhere around 5 psi

so its one or the other.. these are ball park figures but give you an idea atleast

later,
steven