35th Anniv DMV?

Discussion in 'Special Production' started by jtm604, Feb 22, 2010.

1. jtm604

jtm604 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Does anyone have their 35th with a "classic style" registration? I've talked to a couple of people and they said since my car is a limited production vehicle, I can register it as a classic and be limited to mileage. Which doesn't bother me but I would be exempt from inspection either. I'm going to the DMV tomorrow anyways but I figured I'd ask fellow 35th owners first before my local DMV lady. Any answers to this question would be awesome!:nice:
  2. VOORHEES

VOORHEES Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy Mod Dude

Not sure, I alsways thought the car had to be a certain amount of years old before you could get the "classic" registration.

Keep us informed.

:nice:
  3. dfesta

dfesta New Member

I know for a fact in Ohio you can. You can qualify either with the age of your vehicle (I believe it's 20 or 25 years+) or with the type of vehicle (limited production, etc.). Being that the 35th LE's were limited to less than 5,000 vehicles qualifies them in Ohio. I don't know about the laws of other states.
  4. Crzyhrse

Crzyhrse Active Member

In Washington state your vehicle has to be over 25 years old to skip emissions testing. Limited production means nothing here.
  5. jtm604

jtm604 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    So, of course I got to the DMV in time today, but I have to call Trenton and they were closed by the time to the women told me. Hopefully tomorrow I will have an answer for myself and everyone else.
  6. jtm604

jtm604 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    I have the answer! I can register the car as a "collector vehicle" in the state of New Jersey. Basically the paper work says that the car can be driven no more than 3,000 miles a year or 6,000 miles bi annually. Also that the car has to be insured as a collector vehicle as well. The NJMVC says some vehicles may be required to have a odometer lock (which I assume is for non-digital odometers). Then a special decal will be issued and indicates that the car is exempt from safety and emissions. Last thing is that the "collector vehicle" must be taken to a state inspection for a odometer and insurance verification.
    There's more obviously but that is it in a nutshell. My only thing is I hate being restricted all though I'm well aware of it.
  7. VOORHEES

VOORHEES Stangnet's "35th Limited Edition" VIN Guy Mod Dude

seems its much like collectors insurance, they only allow certain mileage per year and it has to be locked up in a garage/etc.
  8. jtm604

jtm604 New Member

Showcase:
    Albums:
    Yes, of course that's up to insurance only but still. I wonder if it's really worth it...
    Also right now were getting blasted with snow and it's up to the bottom of the windows on the poor girl!