Do cops just hate us?

Skidz said:
Actually, I had just gotten back into WV and got pulled over in Huntington. That's one of the other things that pisses me off about it.

I guess the cops just hate you :rlaugh: . As far as radar detectors, I used one for about 1 month once. The thing drove me crazy with all it's beeping and false alarms. Besides that, I've never used one again in 25 years of driving and I speed ALL the time no matter what I've driven. I've only gotten 6 speeding tickets in my life with 3 of them being 20 years or more ago, and the last one 6 or so years ago. :D

• Sponsors (?)

The way things are today, regular radar detectors only help a little. You're going to have to spend top dollar to get any "protection" at all. I still would recommend one, but it's not going to save you 80% of the time.

As for the pullover. Saying you did it and everyone else did it is pretty 3rd grade. The fact is you were speeding, and he probably picked you because you were at the end of the line. Having a sports car made it easy. I think most of us have been in that situation. I haven't had that happen in the Mustang yet, but it's happened. Heck, I've even been profiled at a gang task force checkpoint in the Olds.

I certainly agree that the ricers have made things easier. Kids and cars will always do that. When I was that age, ground glow, tint, and a stereo would get you pulled over nightly. They never left you alone. It's nice to see it's someone else's turn.

meh idk...i can contribute to this thread now...since i was pulled over for the first time last night:rolleyes:

it was around 1230 at night(in the morning) and i was on my way home from my gfs house. apparently the cop was following me for a long time, i just didnt know it was a cop. so i get to a stop light and pull away, and :owned: , the lights go on (holy **** those lights are bright). so he comes to my window so quickly he must have ran. he does the usual lisence and registration., where are you going, that ****. so i give him my lisence and while im fishing for my registration he was talking to me about my exhaust system; about how its more "rumblier than stock". he was not complementing me by any stretch of the imagination. i told him that there were indeed cats on it. during this conversation he asks me three times if ive been drinking, which started to piss me off, but hey i guess hes gotta do his job. he also commented on my window tint, about how its a "little too dark". by the time i got my registration (which i had been holding the whole time during the conversation:rolleyes: ) he gave me back my lisence and told me to get home safe and "do something about those mufflers"

he was a young guy and cool about it, but not what i wanted to do on my way home. i think he was just bored and wanted something to do:shrug:

don't say hate. I moved to Fla. from N.Y....still have my out of state plates..have been pulled over 3 times. each time the cop asked "you know why i pulled you over"..i said "red stang, hispanic, out of state plates....i'd have pulled my ass over too!". they kind of laughed and let me go. (p.s...each time i did NOTHING at all). i could have been an ass an stated that..but why?