Do I need subframe conectors

• Sponsors (?)

I don't think there is really a base line established for the chasis of the II. I think this would depend on a few other factors. One would be the condition of your existing sub frame and floor pans. Another other would be the type of traction you would be getting along with the transmission, gearing, and launch RPM (assuming your drag racing). I would think even with 300 hp (flywheel) that you would be well into the safe zone assuming no structural problems. I guess if you added slicks and launched at high RPM's over time you could do some damage. If you are concerned the investment is very minimal and the bolt on kits can be installed without welding.

Thanks

thanks for your input, I didnt expect to get such a quick responce. I think im going to go ahead with the engine swap and later when i do the rear suspension ill weld on a set of conectors. Im kinda curious has anyone here ever fabed thair own conectors? howd that go. Ive heard of guys making thair own but have never had the stoned to make fab up a set.

Thanks again

Rob Davidson

You can make your own, but in all honesty, I'd suggest getting a set off the guy on ebay that sells them. They are less than $100, and a perfect fit. I have them on the Thundersnake. For your planned hp level you don't NEED them, but they WILL stiffen the chassis up, so they are a good idea for any performance car.