Do I need the extension cables for the O2 simulators with the MAC ProChamber

Im looking to get the MAC PROCHAMBER since my right side of the cats is dead and I don't feel like spending money one some cats.......... I know I won't pass inspection but I have ways around it......... I would like to know if I need the extension cables for the O2 sims.... thanks

This is for a 2000 model year thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I installed my off road prochamber this weekend and I had to extend the rears...but then again mine is a 04 :D , I did notice that even the fronts could have used another couple of inches, but I was able to get by without extending those. I've had it in the air 4 times since the install on saturday for exhaust leaks, mainly the passenger side manifold flange. I've put thread locker on all the studs/bolts and it seems ok for the time being. All in all, I'm loving it so far. Sounds great even with stock cat back, very throaty down low and not too loud up high...I guess that's exotic sounding :shrug:

you won't. But I thin it would be nice to extend front O2 wire little. as I swap pipe to get may car inspected, I have to struggle with front one, because my hand is too big to reach the witres, and wires aren't long enough to make it easier

Thanks............ BTW how much power do you guys see from this if you have the stock Headers and stock catback........ I am planin on changing the catback soon...... right now I have the CNL Plenum,75MM TB, CNL inletpip, and CNL MAF........ what should I be looking at and how does it sound???

mcmmotorsports said:
Don't forget the Napa Studs for the D/S manifold. P/N 600-1819 and the threads are okay even if a little tight at first. :D

oh yeah, very very important. I forget that :doh:

weldonGT said:
SOTP dyno says there is more power from about 3k up and I'm all stock but for the prochamber. I'm going for a couple of real dyno pulls in a couple of weeks so we'll see.

If you have stock catback, I don't think you'll notice much SOTP improvement.
because any gain from higher flow would be cancel out by chocking stock muffler.
you see, with free flowing catback with prochamber, on otherwise near stock engine, generally you'll lose some lowend grant, because of luck of backpressure.
But after 3000RPM, you'll certainly notice better accelelation, becasue no backpressure.
I think this is why you'll hear people complain about losing some power after O/R mid-section every now and then.
Small lose on lowend is no compersom on mid to high end gain tho :nice: