do it your self & cheap HP

Hey dont kick that one quart of oil thing around, It made my car 1 tenth of a second faster, I still drive it like I stold it, and drive it every where I go. and missing one quart of oil with a stock system is oks long as you dont have a high volume oil system to suck the pan dry, plus your going in a straight line and the rearsump pan keeps all the oil you need in it, and there are alot of things to do on a budget, like bypass the smog pump with a short belt, install a electric fan, timing bump to 14, set tps at .99 volts,remove air silencer, I even have a fabricated ram air on my car that cost me $10.00 in dryer duct hose,that was good for1.5 MPH in trap speed.

• Sponsors (?)

QUOTE=smokin91';6698435]Im not a carb guy, but in this day and age of fuel injection and electronics that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Not to mention not just 50 horsepower, 50 PLUS horsepower. cough cough BULLcoughSH1T.

I dont know about you but I prefer to climb the technology ladder and not fall down it, which what your stating above would be doing.[/QUOTE]

Cough, cough Dont know cough sh1t cough, read every 5.0 article and test a carb will beat efi almost every time and if you set it up right you will have no problems heres proof. http://airflowresearch.com/articles/article023/A23-P1.htm cough cough dont talk out you ass if you dont know. I this day and age carbs have come a long way. And even if you do lose some convience this thread is not about convience.

QUOTE=smokin91';6698435]Im not a carb guy, but in this day and age of fuel injection and electronics that has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Not to mention not just 50 horsepower, 50 PLUS horsepower. cough cough BULLcoughSH1T.

I dont know about you but I prefer to climb the technology ladder and not fall down it, which what your stating above would be doing

Cough, cough Dont know cough sh1t cough, read every 5.0 article and test a carb will beat efi almost every time and if you set it up right you will have no problems heres proof. http://airflowresearch.com/articles/article023/A23-P1.htm cough cough dont talk out you ass if you dont know. I this day and age carbs have come a long way. And even if you do lose some convience this thread is not about convience.

Telling the poster to switch over to carb and promising him this power that he will never find, is taking him 2 steps backwards.

Carbs are inferior to fuel injection, as is the reason that it was phased out of new cars in favour of fuel injection many many years ago.

While hes converting his car over to carb he might as well trade in his computer for a 486.

Now lets think about a liquid or compressed o2 injection system...that would cool the air...hhhmmmm...much like the copressed air used to clean computer key boards....now were talking cooling effect. Possibly use a purge like system ......hit da button at WOT....ah likely wouldn't work :(

Let's think a hair more about this. Richening the oxygen content of the air flowing into intake. Hmmmmmmm....

The EEC is tuned to provide X amount of fuel per volume of air entering into the engine. Unless you've tuned for the additional oxygen content per unit of air then you'd be constantly running lean until..... BANG! Game over.

Let's remember that the largest part of the air we breath and put into our engines is inert nitrogen. :p

Telling the poster to switch over to carb and promising him this power that he will never find, is taking him 2 steps backwards.

Carbs are inferior to fuel injection, as is the reason that it was phased out of new cars in favour of fuel injection many many years ago.

While hes converting his car over to carb he might as well trade in his computer for a 486.

FACE REALITY MAN!! The stock fuel injection sucks when it comes to making power. The carb WILL make more power. The reason we went to fuel injection is the carb is not as good a air metering device meaning with quick alitutude changes and air density changes the carb can run rich or lean usally rich which is bad for emissions and you lose fuel ecomony. Plus the fuel injection system monitors nox and Co emissions and will trim fuel and remove timimg. Another thing is we now have a thing called a calylitic converter and the o2 sensors monitoring these Co and Nox. Now in no way am I saying fuel injection is not a good thing just the factory intake system SUCKS. And the carb will make more power and be way cheaper than up grading the factory fuel injection. I am willing to put money that if he dynoed the stock fuel injection and then dynoed the carb with a edelbrock manifold and carb he would pick up 25 hp+ and I would promise him that!!!!! And I am sure a lot of other people on here who have actually run a carb and know from experence not just what they think will tell you the same thing.

The vaccum pump thing is really not worth anything, Its only needed in low tention ring combos, that are of the higher compression. But use of one in a combo that needs it is definetly worth some power, As for the carb v/s EFI, I think Its a matter of how much money you got. The carb is cheaper and faster than even your cheapest EFI combos, but the drivabilty suffers slightly, taking the cam and head combo from my EFI car and putting it straight on my carb car I was surprised to see the carb combo go faster, I had $350 in the intake and carb v/s $1200 in a cobra intake, C&L meter, injectors, throtttle body, CIA. but it sure did run good, and I loved it cause it idled great and always fired up at any temp, Its not a apple v/s oranges comparison, its dollar v/s cents.