Do Police Intercepts have 24lbs injectors?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Fairlane, Dec 3, 2003.

1. A buddy of mine has a 88 5.0 Police Interceptor that is sitting in his back yard at the moment. I heard that his car comes with 24lbs'ers. He said he would trade me injectors if they are. Could someone tell me? Thanks -Don
  2. What color are they? If they are a ford blue color they are 24lbs, pretty sure the yellowish-brown injectors are 19lbs...
  3. I'm pretty sure motor wise a police package stang an a reg. stang are exactly the same. So it has 19lb injectors unless someone changed them out or i'm completely wrong
  4. I agree.
  5. I work on Police Cars at work,

there the same injectors, 19 Lbs, Yellow tops.

All come with Blue silicone hoses :)

and a host of other things,
  6. The Police Intercepts are not even HO motors, just regular 5.0 motors
  7. 19lb injectors. No difference than regular 5.0s
  8. They are definately HO motors.
  9. not true

10. Oops I was talking about the "Police Interceptor" Crown Vics. I think of the police Stangs as the real name "Special Service"
  11. Well, that is not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the info. -Don
  12. If your lookin for some injectors go over to the classifieds, there's always tons of 24lb or 30lb injectors with the matching mass air meter for a few hundred bucks an they never have many miles on them.
  13. I got my 24# injectors off a Lincoln Mark 8.

I bought two sets of them off ebay for $25 and $21
  14. you mean mark 7? A Mark 8 is a 32v cobra motor, they use different injectors.
  15. I know it's a 32v cobra motor. I have one.

But no i reeally meant a Mark 8. The 4.6L DOHC has 24# injectors and they will work on our 5.0's.

Look familiar?
  16. 460 fuelies in Trucks and vans have 24 lbers... I forget which years..
  17. Late 80's early 90's 460's had the 24's on them as well