do stock BFG's suck??

dbrufus1234

Sep 10, 2006
i got a new GT, an 06 torch red, it has the factory 18" bulliuts on it with the BFG g-force tires. i figured these would hook up better than my 05 GT that had the stock perillis on it, but i cant hardly get on it without spinning my tires. do these tires just suck or is my new GT puttin out more HP or something??

• Sponsors (?)

My 07 came with the 17" Pirellis and those handled better and launched better then the BFG's, the BFG's are also very "darty" on uneven road surfaces. I HATE THEM!!! I'm going to go back with Pirellis when it comes time for tires again.

yeah, i know what you mean now that you say that your tires are "darty" i though the front end was a little out of line. im really not liking the BFGs and i thought they would hook up alot better than my pirellis did

For stock tires they're among the best I've had in a long while, certainly better than the GoodYear RSA crap that's so prevalent out there.

I'll probably stick with BFG and look at the KDW2 or something like that when it's time to upgrade.

I like the stock BFGs. They're not bad for what they are. They're not a drag tire, their not a road race tire... they're not a touring tire. They're all season stock tires. They work very well for all around driving. I will be buying a replacement set before no one has them anymore.

I like my bfg's as well, I know I will need to upgrade down the pike, but they work well for now. The great thing about the stock tires is, it doesn't take long to burn them off if you need an excuss for new ones hee hee.