Do you ever get sick of your 5-speed?

For traffic its a pain. I've got a truck with an auto and honestly hen Im tired or I want to go get food from BK or Taco Bell, its so much easier. The cobras fun and all, but a pain.

• Sponsors (?)

When i broke my right hand, i still drove my car. I'd drive, then when i need to shift, hold the wheel with my right knee, reach over with my left and shift.

That way my right hand wasn't needed

It was a skill that has come in handy with a few girlfriends :)

hell no. even in traffic. makes you in control. i got an auto jeep so the mustang wouldnt have to come see the winters of radford, and i get so bored driving it. when i was young and stupid i could drive to work in the rain talk on the phone and eat a cheese burger all while driving the fox.

like someone else said in traffic you can learn to just idle and let the gap stay large so you dont have to do anything. the most annoying thing is when someone in front of you is going right your speed when you shift normally. i shift from 4-5 at like 50, and i get stuck bouncing from 52 to 48 ish all the time. you either are too low for 5th, or your sitting there a little too high for 4th wondering if you should go to 5. but even still that doesent bother me at all. shifting is so much fun. i miss it when im stuck here at school stangless.

hell no. even in traffic. makes you in control. i got an auto jeep so the mustang wouldnt have to come see the winters of radford, and i get so bored driving it. when i was young and stupid i could drive to work in the rain talk on the phone and eat a cheese burger all while driving the fox.

like someone else said in traffic you can learn to just idle and let the gap stay large so you dont have to do anything. the most annoying thing is when someone in front of you is going right your speed when you shift normally. i shift from 4-5 at like 50, and i get stuck bouncing from 52 to 48 ish all the time. you either are too low for 5th, or your sitting there a little too high for 4th wondering if you should go to 5. but even still that doesent bother me at all. shifting is so much fun. i miss it when im stuck here at school stangless.
That 4-5 crap used to piss me off until I got 4.10 gears. I used to cruise in 4th at 3000+ rpm because with 3.27s 5th had no balls. Now, using 5th is not a problem 45MPH and up.

Auto=TEH GAY!!!

Whenever i see a high end car or a modded car thats good looking i say "Thats a Bad A$$ Ride!!!"

.....But then if i look inside and see a Auto Trans i get sad, turn away, and say "ohhh...Its a Auto...." :mad:

So........ your saying that you dont like the auto?

I don't think he's ever left off of trans brake at 4500 and to shift the car out at a tick past 8 on a 331 solid roller screamer with a full manual AOD.

Sticks are great for low powered 2V 4'6's. It makes em feel a bit quicker.

I think it would be an interesting comparo to throw a 3500 stall 4R at against stock 5 speed, which one would win.

One would say well that's not fair, but what's not fair, you can leave at whatever RPM you choose to on a stick car.

I would believe on average, you take the stick's advantage away with a stall; unless your going to road coarse the pony, but I believe that most of you on here are talking about 1320 action.

Like the majority in here, aside from traffic, heck no...I don't get tired of manual. I love the control you get for the engine...able to downshift and get a jump for passing or whatever. So nice.

I don't think he's ever left off of trans brake at 4500 and to shift the car out at a tick past 8 on a 331 solid roller screamer with a full manual AOD.

Sticks are great for low powered 2V 4'6's. It makes em feel a bit quicker.

I think it would be an interesting comparo to throw a 3500 stall 4R at against stock 5 speed, which one would win.

One would say well that's not fair, but what's not fair, you can leave at whatever RPM you choose to on a stick car.

I would believe on average, you take the stick's advantage away with a stall; unless your going to road coarse the pony, but I believe that most of you on here are talking about 1320 action.

I'm pretty sure we're talking about just driving. And even racing i like having the satisfaction of knowing i did the gear selecting not the car. That way it becomes more of driver skill than who got the better launch(which i know is also driver skill)

Yes, i will admit Crazy built autos are faster in a straight line.

......But around a Road Course a Auto is like The devil....it just holds you back. Plus a Manual is more fun on the street.

I will, EVER trade the fun factor and overall better Performance of a Manual tranny for a Auto.

.....So, to answer the OP's question...No, i have not once ever gotten sick of my Manual Trans. I bought my mustang and had never driven a manual before but within 2 miles had in down solid. I look forward to driving my car knowing i get to slam through those gears every day.