Do you recommend the 2012 Boss 302 for a daily driven car?

Do you recommend the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 for a Daily Driven Car?

• Total voters
Nobody friggin knows. Not one person here has seen a Boss 302 much less driven it. Either get it, or don't. Personally I have a GT that I don't want to DD so to each his own. If you do get it, let us know about DD it so we can inform the next guy who has questions. No offense meant.

• Sponsors (?)

I am considering buying either a 2012 Mustang GT or 2012 Mustang Boss 302. I am not sure where I will be living in the next year, but I am keeping my figures crossed there will be a track near by. However, I only plan to own one car and the mustang will be my daily driver. Do you recommend the 2012 Mustang Boss 302 for a daily driven car?

If I didn't know where I'd be living in the next year I wouldn't buy a $40k toy, especially if you don't even know how stiff a clutch pedal can be. Just my opinion :p

you can drive a boss every day without any issues. i had a 10 GT with koni yellows and steeda sport springs and i can say the boss handles better and feels just as controlled as that car did. a guy on another forum has a heavily modified GT500 with lots of money in suspension work. He says that on the track the boss handles better.

i have a 12 boss, those are actually my videos op linked on the first page. anyone that says you can street this car is wrong. get the recaro package, it comes with the torsen diff. All i can say is the dampers may be older designs, but i guarantee you that they are tweaked just for that car. you don't beat M3's oj the track with a hodge podge of parts and best guesses.

as far as the windows and AC, they make sense if you think about it. all mustangs have power windows, they would have needed new door panels to make them crank. also no AC on a car kills the potential to sell the car anywhere remotely warm. AC isn't an option in the south.

Yeah, the 302 has a screwdriver adjustable suspension, so you can fiddle with it a little for the track but still drive it comfortably on the road.

Still, I'm glad you found something you like. The GT is certainly nothing to shake a stick at. Post some pics when you get the chance!

DD

I would drive a Boss everyday. Rarely do people have a chance to drive such a fine automobile every day. It would have a few drawbacks like accident risks, parking lot damage...But its just a car and anything can be fixed...

I drive my Roush everyday. Its funny to see the faces of little kids when they see it...People ask me questions about it every day...It has been keyed, dinged in a parking lot, racked up many miles...but its a blast to drive. I say get the Boss and enjoy it.:nice:

i dont get why everyone is so up about sync or a dvd player, when i drive my car i just listen to the cars sounds the whole time. Only time i ever have the radio on is when my gf is in the car.

i dont get why everyone is so up about sync or a dvd player, when i drive my car i just listen to the cars sounds the whole time. Only time i ever have the radio on is when my gf is in the car.

Because the novelty of listening to your exhaust system endlessly drone on quickly wears off after about the first 15-min. Especially when you’re over 30 like I am. I like to listen to myself rip through the gears as much as the next guy, but for 40K+, I should have the option to listen to whatever I want coming through my speakers….and not just the local garbage radio station. This is after all 2011....not the '80's.

Because the novelty of listening to your exhaust system endlessly drone on quickly wears off after about the first 15-min. Especially when you’re over 30 like I am. I like to listen to myself rip through the gears as much as the next guy, but for 40K+, I should have the option to listen to whatever I want coming through my speakers….and not just the local garbage radio station. This is after all 2011....not the '80's.

so the boss doesnt come with a cd player?

so the boss doesnt come with a cd player?

What....a CD player!?! Are you from the '90's? Get with the times dude. Next you'll be going all tape deck...or worse yet 8-track.

Even the most basic econobox's are now MP3/Satellite compatible and have hands free capability. Like I said...if I'm dropping 40K plus on a car, it had better do all but drive itself to the carwash. Jeeze...I thought the "serious" driving enthusiasts would appreciate the SYNC set up. Allows you to keep both hands on the road for traversing those hard core suburban road courses, or weekend trips to the local Home Depot that most of their owners are probably going to end up in. :D

I would not be without Sync. It is wonderful. I just wish I also had in-dash navigation.
And, sorry, I will take a Shelby any day over the Boss. There is something about the color combinations, a red grill in particular, that I do not like.

I would not be without Sync. It is wonderful. I just wish I also had in-dash navigation.
And, sorry, I will take a Shelby any day over the Boss. There is something about the color combinations, a red grill in particular, that I do not like.

I really wanted the Boss 302 with the dark blue and a black racing stripe, but that is the only color not available with a black stripe. Furthermore, I really dislike the lack of center head lights and fog lights, but cheap plastic is left in their places. The only modification of the Boss 302 I am interested in is adding lights back where they belong. Oh well, these are minor complaints and the all of the positives greatly out way them.

Edit:
I am not a great fan of technology in cars other than for performance. I grew up with a 1982 Volvo station wagon with no A/C and vinyl seats in Virginia where the heat index breaks 100s on hot summer days. This is why A/C is required on all cars I buy. The only comfort features I care about are: A/C, heater and radio. Lumbar support is a minor plus for long drives, but I learned to live without it.

What....a CD player!?! Are you from the '90's? Get with the times dude. Next you'll be going all tape deck...or worse yet 8-track.

Even the most basic econobox's are now MP3/Satellite compatible and have hands free capability. Like I said...if I'm dropping 40K plus on a car, it had better do all but drive itself to the carwash. Jeeze...I thought the "serious" driving enthusiasts would appreciate the SYNC set up. Allows you to keep both hands on the road for traversing those hard core suburban road courses, or weekend trips to the local Home Depot that most of their owners are probably going to end up in. :D

well my car has a tape deck lol, and a cd player works fine for me. When you go to HMV or a store like that you buy the artists Cds, so wouldnt you want a cd player?