Do you think that there will be a new Cobra R in the future?

Everyone's getting really excited about the launch of the 05' this fall and some are thinking about some special editions of the new Mustang. One in particular that I would really love to see is a Cobra R in a few years. Do you think that there will be a possible Cobra R version of the new Mustang in the future? Or will the Cobra R name be just a part of history from now on?? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

The next Cobra R comes out in late 07 as an 08 model. It'll look pretty much like the GTR but it will have a totally different motor-the all new 6.2 big block 4v modular from the 07 F150. Hp is said to be in the 580 flywheel range. Nobody knows anything more than that right now.

ChromeYellowGT said:
The next Cobra R comes out in late 07 as an 08 model. It'll look pretty much like the GTR but it will have a totally different motor-the all new 6.2 big block 4v modular from the 07 F150. Hp is said to be in the 580 flywheel range. Nobody knows anything more than that right now.

Sounds good to me...:)

So do you know if the new 6.2 is a modular with increased bore centers? I am dying to know how they got the extra cubes and what the new block is based on.. :)

All he said is that it has the stock 5.4 stroke and a 96.6mm bore size. Oh, and it's bigger on the outside than the 5.4. A lot bigger. It's like the difference between a 350 and a 454 Chevy.

Wonder if the ford big whigs think the big block engines might not be the best source revenue-wise. Since oil supplies are shrinking and hybrid/alternative sources of energy are coming more and more into focus. I mean how many could be sold and would all that r&d even break even on sales. I know the GT will sell as well as some type of cobra/saleen model, but mass-produced gas guzzlers? Do you think? :shrug:

The Cobra R isnt really mass produced. Cars like these are more for collecting anyways and less for driving. More than anything they are just trying to create some positive hype and publicity for the Mustang and for Ford.