Do you think this is a Nice Cobra!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

It's nice enough but I would still rather seek out a less modified Cobra. They mention nothing about the accident, which is kind of shady... and why do you need a rebuild to run 650hp? Plenty of guys are running that on the stock shortblock with no problems at all! I would look elsewhere, something gives me a bad feeling about that car.

For my own general knowledge: do the 03/04 Cobras really have overheating problems? His ad is the first I've heard of it, but that in no way means I am right - I'm just curious. Thanks!

stangGT97 said:
For my own general knowledge: do the 03/04 Cobras really have overheating problems? His ad is the first I've heard of it, but that in no way means I am right - I'm just curious. Thanks!

Yes after lurking on some Terminator sites. Now I'm no mechanic but after reading some it seems that one of the heads, forget which one, doesn't get enough coolant at sustained WOT and overheating developes causing damage, esp on the higher HP modded ones to 2 cylinders forget which numbers they were though. There is a mod to help with the heat issue that some have done.

CatmanJJ said:
Yes after lurking on some Terminator sites. Now I'm no mechanic but after reading some it seems that one of the heads, forget which one, doesn't get enough coolant at sustained WOT and overheating developes causing damage, esp on the higher HP modded ones to 2 cylinders forget which numbers they were though. There is a mod to help with the heat issue that some have done.

ah, okay thanks! Yeah the only thing I have heard of was the valve tick, nothing pertaining to heat but now I know. By the way, nice avatar :nice: Tangnet 4 Lyfe!

CatmanJJ said:

all modulars have this problem, it's the rear two cylinders on the drivers side bank.. so cylinders 3-4. they don't overheat, they just run hotter then the rest. Makes it a PITB to tune. it's not hard to correct the problem, and it might be a good idea for the FI and nitrous guys to do the fix.

this is one of the reasons I want a aluminum intake to hit the market, that way i can drill and tap a hole in the coolant passage block off part of the intake on the driverside and install a pipe like the passenger side rear has, that way I can run a hose under the intake all the way into another drill and tapped pipe in the coolant crossover int he front.

svttech76 said:
all modulars have this problem, it's the rear two cylinders on the drivers side bank.. so cylinders 3-4. they don't overheat, they just run hotter then the rest. Makes it a PITB to tune. it's not hard to correct the problem, and it might be a good idea for the FI and nitrous guys to do the fix.
Yup, easy as pie to do. You can buy the stuff here if you want, but I scrounged and found the parts on my own. http://www.steeda.ca/catalogue_product_type.asp?id=993