Do your front tires / wheels rub the sway bar?

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I ordered a pair of front Saleen wheels a couple years back and the company sent me 30mm offset instead of 24mm offset that our cars usually accept. They talked me into keeping the wheels saying the difference wasn't that much and they were fit fine.

For the most part they were right and the wheels looked fine but they've always rubbed the sway bar when I make a sharp turn. They are 18x9" wheels with 265/35/18 tires. Is this a common thing? Will a 6mm difference be enough to stop them from rubbing?

• Sponsors (?)

The 24mm offset wheels would have slightly more of a "deep dish" look than the 30mm's.

The mounting surface of the wheel should be further "in" on the 24mm's, giving more of the "deep dish" look.

You may want to check the 4.6 forum, as I am not sure of there is a difference in the inner fenders between the 94-95 and the 99-01.

It rubbed on my 94 in the same place on the sway bar. The entire front end from the 94 is now residing underneath this car so all the geometry is the same now. I just want to know if 6mm is enough to make them not rub anymore.

I thought so. It's only 6mm but I guess that can mean the difference between rubbing and not rubbing. Either way Cruizin Concepts wouldn't swap me out even back when I ordered them. They told me on the phone last night that all companies are going to 30mm offsets and doing away with 24mm since the 30 fits everything from 94-present. I think it's BS because what's right for our cars is what's right for our cars!! Regardless my next 2 front wheels will come from a company that I know still makes the 24mm offset wheels.