DocG, get in here!!!

Holly Crap!
That thing has some suspension under it! :nice: It must handle like a dream.
I dont remember you saying anything abot a torque arm/panhard bar set up. :scratch:
And the rear shock tower brace..... can I drive it? :D

And whats really impressive is it has the rear cargo cover :nice:

My Capri still has the cargo cover too. I use it to prop up my hatch. :lol: Time for new struts. :D

Doc, that's one fine lookin' Fox ya got there! :drool:

• Sponsors (?)

Noob. :D

The seller did say that if he kept the car, there were 3 things he had next on the agenda.

Fixing the fuel gauge since it always reads zero.
FIxing the power locks.
Getting it tuned again.

:shrug:

Fuel gauge is prob a sender
Fixing the power locks are most likely the actuators. About $50 or so from latemodelrestoration. I think it's JKRichker that has a writeup on how to use much cheaper actuators from another car that actually last.
As far as getting it tuned, why not get a wideband and a tweecer and tune it yourself.
The TwEECer -- EEC-IV user programmable module
EEC Analyzer
EECTuning.org &bull; Index page <-- check this one out and start reading. Everything you need to learn about tuning the a9l/a9p processer is in that forum.

Perhaps I'll pick up the stuff one day to tune myself. When I get the time I'll check all the connections and power throughout the fuel sending system...see what's up. I'll look into the power door lock stuff too. The guy said he screwed it up when he was removing an alarm system. So it may just be a relay connected wrong or something.

The drivers power window switch is a little goofy too....rolls up fine....rolling down you just seem to get lucky. I'll try a new switch. Needs the windows to roll down since it has no AC!

Everything else pretty much works, is new, or complete. Oh yeah, a couple of broken tabs on panels at the rear of the hatch. I have receipts for everything from new headlight/taillights to license plate fixtures to the hatch lock mechanism etc etc etc. Somebody put a lot of money into this car replacing the little things to the big things. Some of it is older, like the suspension work is probably 6 years old....but as long as its not rusted out, it still works!

ALRIGHT DOC!!! :nice:
Look on the MAF itself, it should say what size it is. I'd guess 70 or 75mm TB. And for christ sake lose that big friggin air box and get a power pype!

The big air box is the ram-air setup. I might lose it one day, haven't decided yet. :shrug:

omg omg omg omg leave the ponys on it!

I'm not sure I like the chrome pony's. I think I prefer the R's. Of course the R's are rubbing like a mofo and need new tires. On the flip side, the pony's are brand spanking new and could probably sell for $1000. So I'll probably only be able to keep one set or the other and if I can fix my rubbing issues, I think I'm gonna keep the R's and sell the pony's and use that money to buy new tires.

The pony's are genuine Ford Racing rims.....receipts show $260 a pop.

Fuel gauge is prob a sender
Fixing the power locks are most likely the actuators. About $50 or so from latemodelrestoration. I think it's JKRichker that has a writeup on how to use much cheaper actuators from another car that actually last.
As far as getting it tuned, why not get a wideband and a tweecer and tune it yourself.
The TwEECer -- EEC-IV user programmable module
EEC Analyzer
EECTuning.org &bull; Index page <-- check this one out and start reading. Everything you need to learn about tuning the a9l/a9p processer is in that forum.
Noob :rolleyes: His car had an alarm in it that the previous owner removed. More then likely its because the wires are cut in the d/s kick pannel and he needs to remove the relay setup and splice the wires back together.

Now if it were the actuators the DEI ones for $15 work killer and are easy tyo make fit. The lock/unlock action is much smoother and quieter :nice:

Considering it doesn't have any remote entry....the power locks are probably the least of my concerns since i don't think I'd even use them much. Its good ab exercise to lean across and open the door! :D