Does any one have 4.10's and know the top speed?

laser01gt

Mar 9, 2004
I'm thinking about getting 4.10's installed in a couple week and was wondering what my car would top out at. I have a 2001 gt manuel transmission with no mods that would make a difference. Anyone who has 4.10's on a similar model; your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

You must have the Mexican version if you have the manuel transmission :D
As far as top speed, theoretically it will go up, there are several lengthy threads on this if you use the search button.As far as the 4.10s go, I love them.I would be disappointed had I gone any higher.I have no real interest in top end, if I can't do it in a 1/4, chances are I don't need to be doing it. :nice:You will be very happy with the 4.10s if you get them.

laser01gt said:
I'm thinking about getting 4.10's installed in a couple week and was wondering what my car would top out at. I have a 2001 gt manuel transmission with no mods that would make a difference. Anyone who has 4.10's on a similar model; your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
do a search and find the other arguements.

theoritical 165 mph
actual 140-145

re:

I have minimal mods with 4.10's, and I hit 150 on the speedo ONCE. The car felt like it could not go any faster, seriously. It pulls like crazy up to around 125 and after that it starts to die off. At 150 it had nothing left.

I have 4.10's, timing adjuster, pulleys, o/r X and magnapacks. I hit 5000 rpm in 5th one time. That's 150 mph. It was still going slightly and I have no doubt it would have gone up at least another 200-300 rpmsif the road wasn't coming to an end. 5250 would have been 158, 5500 is 165.

The fastest I've been in this car with 4.10s is 125, but that was with the top down and it really wasn't that fun.I couldn't hear for at least 10 minutes after I got home,but I bet the guy in the camaro felt cool getting beat on the highway by someone with the top down :nice:

JOHNS01GT said:
I haven't topped out 5th either but in 4th it's 103-104.

So what about when you are at the track what is your trap speed and at what gear are you in? My best trap was abot 93 and some change with stock gears in third. A friend drove it and his was 95 and he told me that he was in red line third.

GTvert01 said:
You must have the Mexican version if you have the manuel transmission :D
As far as top speed, theoretically it will go up, there are several lengthy threads on this if you use the search button.As far as the 4.10s go, I love them.I would be disappointed had I gone any higher.I have no real interest in top end, if I can't do it in a 1/4, chances are I don't need to be doing it. :nice:You will be very happy with the 4.10s if you get them.

i do you figure top speed would go up? lower gears trade acceleration for top speed!!

Unless you are in jet plane the top speed with 4.10's is more than enough. My guess is 150 in mine but my speedo pegs back around to zero almost. With the error with the speedo gear and the error for the speedo itself I can only guess. I need a speed calibrator to get it more acurate

doveman said:
i do you figure top speed would go up? lower gears trade acceleration for top speed!!

Because we know that 260 hp is not enough grunt to overcome the evenutal wind resistance. A stock Mustang is drag-limited, not redline limited. The 4.10s should allow you to pull more, assuming you can get the car into the powerband (when you shift to 5th its possible to drop the car too low in the RPM band to pull it back up).

Jackie Chan said:
thats funny i have plenty of rpm left in 4th when my car traps 103 in 4th. you dont know what you are talking about, the car will go +/-110 mph in 4th gear with 410s

I don't know what I am talking about? I got dynoed the other day and at the redline it's 103-104, actually 103.55 to be exact. You could probably run it past that but I don't. Yes, I have been calibrated for gears. So shut your pie hole!!! What's really funny is that you are talking **** online. Too bad you weren't here cause I'm feeling slap happy. 110+, at what rpm??? Why would my 01 be different than yours???

I know its not a thread about 3.73s and I don't want to turn it into a debate about the 2 types of gears.

With my 3.73's I can still get in the 120 range without shifting to 5th which I figure is as fast as I need to go for most normal spirted driving. I did hit 140+ just after the swap though so the top end is there if need be and getting blown is still an option :flag: .