Does anyone else think the 05 mirrors are kinda ugly?

klous said:
So how exactly does the 2005 Mustang which does have rear windows like most other mustangs look like a Camaro which dont have rear windows?

The 2005 doesn't have rear side windows; windows which are directly behind the front side windows. Instead, it has glass inserts within the "C" pillars, which are more like the opera windows of the '70s.

In other words, the "C" pillars start immediately behind the front side windows, don't they?

That is what of the coupe's roof line which reminds me more of a Camaro than a Mustang.

In contrast, the spy shots show the 2006 Mustang Convertible will have rear side windows. That, at least, is the saving grace for me.

• Sponsors (?)

GT-03 said:
The 2005 doesn't have rear side windows; windows which are directly behind the front side windows. Instead, it has glass inserts within the "C" pillars, which are more like the opera windows of the '70s.

In other words, the "C" pillars start immediately behind the front side windows, don't they?

That is what of the coupe's roof line which reminds me more of a Camaro than a Mustang.

In contrast, the spy shots show the 2006 Mustang Convertible will have rear side windows. That, at least, is the saving grace for me.

I'm not buying your argument. The thickness of the boundary between the front side windows and the rears has nothing to with whether they are actual rear windows. I also don't see that roofline itself has changed much from the previous generation. Also, the C-pillar starts behind the rear windows. The B-pillar starts behind front side windows.

2003Mach1TorchRed.jpg

33.jpg

RandyB said:
If they were painted body color, they would take away from the clean design of the car. They are meant to blend in with the rubber trim that surrounds the window. You are meant to focus on what is painted, and not so much on the neutral trim items. It works for me. IMO, of course.

So do you think the mirrors on the cobra take away from the clean design of the car, or for that fact basically every other car on the market, since most have painted mirrors?

Sorry GT-03 Your WRONG !

GT-03 said:
Well, actually, the lack of rear side windows looks more like a Camaro/Firebird than a Mustang.

For most model years, the Camaro/Firebird didn't have rear side windows, but instead a large "C" pillar. For most model years, the Mustang did have rear side windows. I am saying "most model years" because I know there are exceptions, but those are rare.

This is why, in this respect, the 2005 Mustang has a look which is more like Camaro. I guess Ford is trying to win-over Camaro/Firebird owners with that look.

BTW, opera windows inserted into the "C" pillars don't count as rear side windows.

What pic of 05 are You looking at ... ??

2005' 1/4 windows looks like the 65-67 Fastback ..

But still Nothing like a ANY YEAR Camaro/Firebird :bang:

itsgreat2bme said:
Hmm y'know as a fan of the 05, I frequent the 05 board, but just for $hits and giggles I'm going to go over to some other car forums and say how I don't like the car. :D I know, I know, "i don't need all of you to reply to this post" But I'm just ONE person, lol not ALL :D

Oh you're devious...:p

More detailed explanation...

Dr. Black said:
So do you think the mirrors on the cobra take away from the clean design of the car, or for that fact basically every other car on the market, since most have painted mirrors?

On the Cobra, there are two seperate pieces per side. The base of the mirror, which attatches to the car is black/plastic. The actual mirror piece is painted body color. I believe it is done that way for the reasons I mentioned before. BMW also does this, and it is a nice touch. Mirrors are neccesary items, not design elements, and as such should be secondary to the shape, not integrated into the fender like a Camaro, etc(what a mistake, btw...).

Since the new Mustang has a one-piece design, it was left a neutral color so it wouldn't contrast too much. I will be very surprised if they show up painted on the next SVT Mustang. I just don't think it would look good. We'll see.