Does anyone have any pics of our cars painted in Flat Black?

• Sponsors (?)

IDK,

I think it could be done to look good. It would need to be lowerd', with the right rims, and a few specific body parts (if a stock GT). I think a no wing or S281 with a cobra or saleen bumper, side exh, and a 96-98 cobra hood or saleen heat extractor hood would look kinda mean....have a ter-bo setup and some nice breaks all around and....

I too want to see one now....

Not an SN95....but one of the only cars I think ever looked good in Flat Black :D

InterceptorSide.jpg

Attachments

• InterceptorSide.jpg
    InterceptorSide.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 141
For my next toy/car project I have always wanted to do a 32 3 window coupe but actually have really fallen for the 37 ford (either would be a glass body and boxed frame IFS front/9in rear setup). I honestly think when I get around to building one it will be flat black (not just flat base coat/or primer but a correct flat black paint job).

I first saw a flat black car that made me think of this from the orig. Blade movie (goofy I know) were they had that flat black dodge...just looked mean and I started looking closer at cars that were done flat black on purpose.

How cool would that look...30's era ford with a 4v 4.6, 4r70, SSBC 4 piston front calipers along with rear disks and some 17-18in modern old school steel wheels or black, anthricite, machined alum. rims...

My old roommate had a '94 V6 he ran flat black for a while because the factory black paint was faded. The car looked okay cause it looked good without a spoiler and '99 Cobra wheels. But when he finally sprayed black and clear on it, looked even better.

So I guess what I'm saying is that flat black can look alright if the car is styled right. But in general I'd say just leave it to the rat rod guys.

The Benz

I think the Benz is an SLR. Pretty sure...but yeah it looks sweet. For it to work on an SN95, it probably should have some body kit on it to give the profile a longer, lower stance. It would have to look factory, so I would bet on a saleen kit, maybe with side exhaust, rims similar to that in the picture and an S281 wing....but yeah I think you can make it work. Oh it would probably have to be a coupe though. It would also have to have nice brakes/rotors all the way around. Food for thought: Most car's paint job is the most noticeable thing on it...if you make it less noticeable, then you have to upgrade something else to make a good balance. Anything could be done, if done right with thought and planning put into it. It will look like crap if you just buy a few cans of flat black and paint your car and then say Im done. Other than that, I can see this idea done right. :nice: