Does anyone have pics of Black pony wheels on a fox body?

jhonda

Jul 22, 2003
Huntersville NC
I have a Red 91 mustang and was thinking of painting the stock pony wheels black. I bought some black paint, and some silver incase I don't like the black, but before I do this I was wondering if anyone had any pictures of a foxbody mustang with black ponys on it...I have always like the way black wheels looked on cars as long as they're done right, I was also thinking of getting a set of Cobra R rims black for $550, or could get chrome for 725.
I have tried searching but came up with nothing, any help?
Thanks
Jason

• Sponsors (?)

My rims are black, I just recently painted them with duplicolor wheel paint. They look realllly good, this is a bad picture but the only one i have. Mine are cobra r though, all black is basically the same though.

1003841ba9.jpg

Heres a pic of 88_GT_5_oh's car

sig.jpg

Attachments

• 1003841ba9.jpg
    1003841ba9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 485
  • sig.jpg
    sig.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 473
My rims are black, I just recently painted them with duplicolor wheel paint. They look realllly good, this is a bad picture but the only one i have. Mine are cobra r though, all black is basically the same though.

1003841ba9.jpg

Heres a pic of 88_GT_5_oh's car

sig.jpg
Black/White combo looks sick :nice:

Attachments

• 1003841ba9.jpg
    1003841ba9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 418
  • sig.jpg
    sig.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 3,940
I can only do black wheels if they have a very significant polished lip....then i really like them. Otherwise no offense but i can't stand it when the rim and the tire run together and you can't tell them apart.

Picture111-1.jpg

And yeah you gotta have a polished lip, i too think it looks like crap if you can't tell the rim and the wheel apart. I have a smaller polished lip i didn't like having a huge lip i myself didn't think it looked right.