Does anyone have this Exhaust (Classic Design Concepts)

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/465.html (Scroll down for pictures)

Here is the story:

I just bought an '03 GT (DSG) and this is the exhaust that the previous owner put on the car. :D
Here are my thoughts...
Pro's: I haven't seen any other mustang's with this exhaust
I like the way they look.
I like the sound (Dynomax mufflers)
Con's: They probably cost horsepower (my daily driver is a 90 hp ranger... so it still seems very fast!)
They are so low I don't want to lower the car with them on.

Here are my questions.

Should I ditch this exhaust and the side skirts? :shrug: :notnice: :nice:

Should I try to keep the exhaust and weld in different mufflers (I believe Borla makes a side exit muffler) so I can keep the skirts and make it louder? :shrug:

Would an offroad mid pipe be a waste with this setup?

Let me know your thoughts,

Matt
P.S. I will try to get some pic's up of my car tomorrow.

• Sponsors (?)

the HP loss is slightly less than the Roush kit with (spinteks I believe)... you're looking at around 5 hp loss. IMO I'd keep it and be differen't ;)

I dont even think you will loose 5HP at your currect level over a normal catback. MAYBE 2-3HP at best, but dynomax are about as good as it gets...like magnaflows, they are wide open I believe. (although I could be wrong)

Id keep it, NOONE has a setup like that.....its pretty rare. :nice:

Thanks everyone. That was the way I was leaning anyway. I will look into an o/r midpipe to wake it up a bit. :SNSign: :hail2:

What do you think about lowering the car? The skirts come down quite a bit on the sides. Do you think they will scrape a bunch with C-springs (or similar)?

Matt

Here are the pictures!!

The more I live with this exhaust the more I like it. I had my wife follow me and listen to a couple of good launches... she likes it too!!!:hail2:

Let me know what you think,

Matt

Now for some 10.5 deep dish bullitts and 335 rears... or an mgw shifter... or the mongoose vortech... what to do, what to do!

Attachments

• Mustang side.JPG
    Mustang side.JPG
    36.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Mustang Exhaust.JPG
    Mustang Exhaust.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 176
What about scraping? These side skirts hang down low... we haven't had any trouble stock height but I worry about lowering it.

My wife drives this car daily and I don't want to make it a pain for her. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks,

Matt

Matt's 03 GT said:
What about scraping? These side skirts hang down low... we haven't had any trouble stock height but I worry about lowering it.

My wife drives this car daily and I don't want to make it a pain for her. Let me know what you think!!

Thanks,

Matt

Low? Mine is 3" lower then your setup, and i don't scrape with 2" drop. For daily driver, i think FRPP C spring is good drop(1.2" i think?), and cheap enough($119 i've seen).

Mitty:

My wife has a bad back and I don't want to modify the suspension at the expense of the good ride. This car was purchased based (not soley on) the good ride. I am realy impressed how comfortable it is.

Do you have any experience riding in a "C-springed" car? If so what is it like?
Maybe I should do c-springs and bilstiens?

Matt

Matt's 03 GT said:
Mitty:

My wife has a bad back and I don't want to modify the suspension at the expense of the good ride. This car was purchased based (not soley on) the good ride. I am realy impressed how comfortable it is.

Do you have any experience riding in a "C-springed" car? If so what is it like?
Maybe I should do c-springs and bilstiens?

Matt

Ya. Guy i knew had C spring with Bilstein, and rode better then stocker did. No joke. Stock spring is fixed rate spring. And i think C are progressive(correct me if I'm wrong). there are plenty of people here that ride on C-spring. u should be able to get more direct feed back then i can give you, and also see how low it gets with it

Stock shocks, i think is little too soft for stock springs. There for spring is observing shock as you drive more then shocks do.
I remenber when i had stock shocks on my car with stock spring, it used to jerk my rearend all over the place everytime i drove over road joint. And car had less then 25000 miles onit. Shocks were nto blown. I used to tell people that it ride like F150 with no load on its back

But after i changed shock and spring, it now ride more like expedition with no load.