Does anyone know the Compression Ratio and Piston material for 86 Lincoln NON-HO 5.0

Got a NON-HO 5.0 out of a I think the Lincoln MKVII .

It looked almost like the LSC, it was an 1986 or 87.

I took the heads off(E6) and seen that the pistons do not have any valve reliefs in them, just DISHED.

Im hoping these are somewhat close to 9.0:1 compression?!?!

If anyone can help, I appreciate it.

Pete :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

i had one, but the piston i dont recall were dished. either that or very slightly. the pitstons on that engine came above the deck about .002. the e6 heads have a big combustion chamber the valves are actually .100 shorter than other heads. but with those pistons the compression ratio should be around 9:1 or slightly higher.

another thing about those heads they are very efficient at lower rpms. i ported mine with a e303 cam and pulled harder than hell to 5000rpm. i stripped out 3rd gear on a t-5. later i ported out a set of 63 289 heads and put on, the power band really changed i bet i lost more than 60 lbs or torque below 3000rpm but the engine turned 6000 rpm still pulling hard to the rev limiter. i did quite a bit of work to those e6se heads, if you want any info you can email me.

ps the biggest cam you can use with that engine is a factory ho cam

I need the lowest compression ratio I can find.

So I think this would be my best bet.

I plan on using this motor as a spare to my twin turbo car, I just didnt and just plane DONT have much information about NON-HO cars.

I got the heads, and they seem to be in DECENT condition knowing they just came out of a 150k motor.

The pistons are perfect, and got cleaned up REALLY quick with some miniral spirits.

I hope the pistons are FORGED... do you anything about this?

Thanks again,
Pete

those are cast pistons didnt know you wern't going na. the economy forged trw pistons have valve reliefs and a lower installed heighth. with those heads you'll probably be running 8:1. the stock pistons you have will yield the highest compression ratio besided popup pistons. yeah for a turboed engine they may not be the best for ya.