Does anyone know this?

LethalInjection

Founding Member
Jul 26, 2002
Arkansas
What will happen if you put an msd distributor with mechanical advance and hook it up to a 6AL box in a fuel injected car? Will this work right? I SHOULD know this.. I'm just not sure what effect it would have on the other functions controlled by the computer.. Fuel is metered by readings from the throttle position, mass air flow sensor, and O2 sensors right? So..... Assuming that the car is being fed spark from the MSD junk at the appropriate times, would the rest of the sensors read as they would with the computer feeding in the spark curve? Or.... Would the EEC freak out and not fuel it because the car appears to be running without the only ignition that it can see being hooked up...? EEC IV gurus chime in here please...

• Sponsors (?)

SOUNDS LIKE A RECIPE FOR DISASTER TO ME...THAT COMPUTER CONTROLLS ALOT OF STUFF. dO YOU ALREADY HAVE A MECHANICAL ADVANCE MSD (LIKE FOR THE CARB CARS) I HAVE A BRAND NEW MSD PRO BILLET FOR THE 94-95 CARS...IT HAS TWO TRIPS TO THE TRACK ON IT AND ITS FOR SALE...OR POSSIBLE TRADE IF YOUR CARBED ONE IS IN SIMILAR CONDITION. LET ME KNOW

SQUEEZE&STROKE said:
SOUNDS LIKE A RECIPE FOR DISASTER TO ME...THAT COMPUTER CONTROLLS ALOT OF STUFF. dO YOU ALREADY HAVE A MECHANICAL ADVANCE MSD (LIKE FOR THE CARB CARS) I HAVE A BRAND NEW MSD PRO BILLET FOR THE 94-95 CARS...IT HAS TWO TRIPS TO THE TRACK ON IT AND ITS FOR SALE...OR POSSIBLE TRADE IF YOUR CARBED ONE IS IN SIMILAR CONDITION. LET ME KNOW

how much do you want for it?