does anyone run royal purple?

blzn04fx4

Jun 2, 2010
iowa
What kind of oils is everyone running and what preferences do you have with oil filters? Ive always ran mobil one with a wix filter but i heard the royal purple is some good stuff just curious as to what you all like.

• Sponsors (?)

You won't be happy with this answer. Conventional or synthetic.... doesn't matter much what you run if you do your oil changes religously. Spending a bunch more on something like royal purple is just flushin the money away.

Sorry to thread jack here but what about royal purple inthe tranny or rear end? Since you don't change it that often would it be ok or just use the typical fluids instead of rp?

They had a thread like this over at Mach 1 Registry. Royal Purple got ripped :rlaugh:. One guy said Royal Purple was on sale for 5 quarts for $40. What a friggin' ripoff if that's the cheapest you can find it. I've used Mobil 1 Synthetic for almost 20 years. With my Mach, I only change my oil once a year anyway, so it's no big loss. The last couple times I've used a Motorcraft filter.

I use AMS Oil and filter, Seems to be some good stuff, Does not turn black easy that is for sure. 6k on the first change and came out brown to dark brown. Not to dark at all...... Anyone ever have issues with this oil?

Mobil 1 oil and Motorcraft filter here, every 5k miles. :nice:

I have RP gear oil in the pumpkin, but that was a few years ago. No problems with that, but next fluid change will be Mobil 1. I use Mobil 1 transmission fluid. I trust Mobil 1 over Royal Purple.

:flag:

I run rp in the rear and will be puttin some rp in the tranny when the time comes. As far as engine goes I run ro or castrol syntech with K&n oil filter. Just whatever u do don't use penzoil or the other cheaper brands. Just stick with Mobil1, castrol or rp. Oil brands do make a difference as do filter brands. Don't do fram oil filters.

what do you guys think of wix filters thats what i usually use. along with mobil one full synthetic. when do you change the rear end oil. do you guys change it your self or just take it in? and if so how much do you spend to take it in?

Ugh, you had to say that. My brother works at an NTB so whenever he does any work on my car if im do for an oil change ill have him do it. Of course they use Pennsoil filter and oil, i thought it was ok cause they tend to be a "well" known brand, time to do some research :nonono:

I run rp in the rear and will be puttin some rp in the tranny when the time comes. As far as engine goes I run ro or castrol syntech with K&n oil filter. Just whatever u do don't use penzoil or the other cheaper brands. Just stick with Mobil1, castrol or rp. Oil brands do make a difference as do filter brands. Don't do fram oil filters.

Ugh, you had to say that. My brother works at an NTB so whenever he does any work on my car if im do for an oil change ill have him do it. Of course they use Pennsoil filter and oil, i thought it was ok cause they tend to be a "well" known brand, time to do some research :nonono:

ya and as far as filters go the ones i would use are the k&n and mobile 1 oil filters, ya the motorcrafts come factory on fords but the one thing you wanna look as as well is that car manufacturers use the company that gives them the lowest bid possible on parts, and thats with all parts so think about that when you decide to use factory mechanical parts. Certain ones may seem to prove to be pretty descent, but the only thing i would by from ford are mainly body panels until they run out of the stock for our body style.

Mobil 1 Synthetic and Fram Extended Guard oil filter every spring. Change oil & filter again with conventional oil before winter storage to remove any contaminents. Car is only run on perfect days for a few miles.