does it exist

kcobra302

Founding Member
Mar 22, 2000
latham ny
new job brings better hours and a new life for the king.

looking at upgrading the front brakes to 11" rotors and either gm calipers or wilwood setup.

are there 4 lug 11" mII rotors out there? i have had no luck finding any

i have 4 lug convo pros and don't have the cash to lay down for a new set of wheels.

thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

i have discussed selling the car with a few members of this site and a few locally. as you know i ran into rod bearing problem after reinstalling the t-5. cleaned up the bottom end of the engine but i have never been able to get the car back together. i have a perceived value for the car but i cannot obtain that value unless the car is in a running/drivable condition.

with the new job i have time to do things i haven't been able to do in a very long time, which includes wrenching on cars. the king is still here so i will turn my attention to it. need to button up the 5 speed and finish up wiring a few new guages. a good detailing is definatly in the cards.

i also have had a set of 15 x 7 convos made available to me. i am going to pull the 15 x 4 convos on the front and see how they fit. if they fit i would think they would only improve the ride.

doing the brake swap is not that expensive and it will not only add value but a little more piece of mind.

If you need an engine, I have a 302 with 44k on it since a professional rebuild, that I'd sell. I'm in Kingston, NY, which is maybe an hour south of Latham.
The 302 is an old early '70s block, .030" over, stock-style replacement pistons, stock reconditioned rods, stock cast crank. The heads are non-smog early 70s, with the bumps removed from the exhaust ports for better flow, Wolverine 204/214 mild performance hydraulic cam, double roller chain, edelbrock performer intake, holley 600, MSD distributor.
It looks a little rough, as it was in my Bronco for years, but it ran good when I yanked it and put it in my garage 5 months ago.(the 300 I replaced it with runs even better heh)
APM in Highland, NY, built the motor back in the mid '90s for my brother, and it's set around much of the time, thus the fairly low mileage.

Anyway, if you're interested in it, contact me at [email protected]

appreciate the offer but i should be good to go. i had a second short block. has a little more compression but shouldn't be a problem with the aluminum heads. we fired it up on a test stand without any problems. time will tell once i get the t-5 back in and everything else buttoned up.

didn't realize you were that close. just did a day trip down to newburgh today.

we should hook up once the weather clears up. calling for 3 to 9 inches of snow here thru tomorrow night up here. sounds like you might get a mix down that way.

are there 4 lug 11" mII rotors out there? i have had no luck finding any

I've looked for a long time too. It doesn't appear that anyone makes them. Not much market for 4 lug stuff, everyone upgrades to 5 lug. I did look into having the 5 lug rotors welded and machined to 4 lugs. A local shop told me they could do it, the cost was more than the rotors themselves, but cheaper than another set of wheels...

i did come across a set of drilled and slotted rotors for the II but they are a little pricey. $153.00 for thru drill and slots & $193.00 for the dimpled and slots.

www.brakeperformance.com

i ran the dimpled ones and their pads on my 03 sport trac. i have them on my 04 sport trac work truck. when they make them for my wifes 07 sport trac i will run them on it. made huge difference in the stopping distance and overall feel of the brakes. they take a few weeks to get the order done but that is due to them cutting the rotors per order. have a good warranty. i called them on it and with no questions asked the replaced one of the rotors.

wonder how much difference in the overall stopping ability with this type of system over the 11" upgrade would be?